cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Archive a SharePoint list monthly

Hello

I am using SharePoint 2016. I have a Nintex form based on a list called Projects. For all items on the list that have Status=Open, I would like those list items to be automatically copied to another list called ArchiveProjects. This needs to be done on the first day of each month.

I would also like to have a field called "DateSaved" on my ArchiveProject list be populated with the date it was copied.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Labels: (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Re: Archive a SharePoint list monthly

I can think of a kind of messy way to do it.

So you can schedule a site workflow to run every month (not sure how much control you have over the day of the month). Site workflow runs a query on your list and returns all items that meet your criteria (Status = Open or whatever). You then iterate the list, copying list values from the existing items, and then create archive list items and populate them with those values. Seems like that might work.

Just a thought: I've done things like this before. If you need to save the ID, Created By, Created, Modified By, or Modified from the original list, you'll want to create a field to hold that in the archive. E.g. if it's important to know who created the original list item, you'll want to set up a field for that in the archive.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Re: Archive a SharePoint list monthly

Thanks Jeff. I am new to Nintex and workflows, so your answer sounds good but how do I implement it? Can you give me step by step instructions? Also, how can I have a field called "DateSaved" on my ArchiveProject list be populated with the date it was copied?

Thanks so much

0 Kudos