Not applicable

Migrating nintex workflows from SharePoint 2010 OnPremise to Office 365

Hi,

We have a requirement wherein we need to migrate nintex workflows from SharePoint 2010 OnPremise to Office 365.

Can anyone please let me know if there is any direct way of doing it ?

Also, if we cannot migrate he workflows directly, then we can rebuild them in Office 365.

But, if we are rebuilding the on premise nintex workflows in Office 365, will all the actions/ activities involved in on premise one will be supported in Office 365 nintex workflow?

If not, can you please provide list of actions not supported in Office 365 but supported in On Premise ?

Many thanks in advance!!

Ritesh Sharma

0 Kudos
4 Replies
mzi
Nintex Newbie

Re: Migrating nintex workflows from SharePoint 2010 OnPremise to Office 365

Hello Rita,

there is a tool that promises migration capability of on premise SharePoint to Office 365 in the future (Nintex Workflows & Forms Migration to Office 365 | Sharegate ), but currently there is tool I know of that would offer this functionality.

Unfortunately, the behaviour and configuration options of certain actions differs between on premise and O365, so it would be best to redesign the workflows with this in mind. One example is the Query XML action - while it is fast and reliable on premise, there are some performance issues when used in O365, as the action is executed outside the tenant.

A good starting point for O365 actions would be here:

O365 - Where actions execute

Hope this helps

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Hello Martin,

Thanks for the reply.

Could you please provide list of all the actions/ activities involved in on premise one, those will be not supported in Office 365 nintex workflow ?

Thanks

0 Kudos
mzi
Nintex Newbie

Hi Ritesh,

unfortunately, I dont know of a list that directly compares on premise and O365 actions. It would probably be best to try and recreate some of the smaller workflows from on premise in the O365 site, to get a feel for the differences, as the configuration options differ for almost every action between the two versions.

Maybe one of the Nintex employees knows about such a list...

Sorry I couldnt be of more help.

Martin

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Hi guys,

As Martin pointed out, Sharegate supports the migration from on-premises to Office 365. Here's a list of all actions supported so far. I know that the development team works continuously on supporting more actions toward O365. (On-prem to on-prem, and O365 to O365 is fully supported already.)

Hope it helps!

== Full disclosure: I work for Sharegate ==

0 Kudos