DrewA
Novice

I've nested a 'child' panel within a 'parent' panel. When I hide the child panel, the parent panel does not resize as an entire form would if a single panel was hidden. Is this correct behavior?

I've viewed the YouTube video which demonstrates how hiding an entire panel causes a form to resize so as not to show the hidden panel's 'space' before the submit or close  buttons at the bottom of the form. But what about a hidden panel nested within another panel? I'd love to see the nested panel, when hidden, cause the main or 'parent' panel to resize so as to not show empty space. Below is a screen capture of my issue.

EmptySpaceInPanel.png

0 Kudos
5 Replies
shyeung
Novice

Re: I've nested a 'child' panel within a 'parent' panel. When I hide the child panel, the parent panel does not resize as an entire form would if a single panel was hidden. Is this correct behavior?

Hi Drew,

The parent panel will not resize when the nested panel is hidden. Panels cannot resize like the form when you hide the parent panel.

You will have to move the nested panel outside the parent panel and add the same rules that are on the parent panel to the current rules you have for the hidden panel.

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Re: I've nested a 'child' panel within a 'parent' panel. When I hide the child panel, the parent panel does not resize as an entire form would if a single panel was hidden. Is this correct behavior?

Hi Drew,  Based on the screen shot it look like you are using SharePoint 2013 with Nintex Forms 2013.  I tested this functionality in the build 2.6.0.0 and it works as you expected.  There was a bug fix in this build which most likely fixed the functionality.  ◦Issue fixed in some circumstances where resize/hide logic was incorrectly applied in Panel controls. (00065803; 00065303; 00066153)

0 Kudos
DrewA
Novice

Thanks. I just want to confirm my understanding of your response. Are you saying that resolution of bugs now will provide for resizing of a 'parent panel' when a panel nested inside it is set to hide?

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Hi Drew,  Yes you understand me perfectly.  My testing showed that the parent panel will resize when the child panel is hidden.  There is a bug fix in Build 2.6.0.0 which appeared to address this issue.  All subsequent builds of Nintex Forms will have this fix in it as all bug fixes and features are always rolled up into all future builds.

DrewA
Novice

Thanks. I see we are on build Version: 2.3.4.0. I'll ask 'my guy' when we will move to or past 2.6.0.0. Thanks again!

0 Kudos