Not applicable

I am unable to create a Nintex Form for one of my content types.

I have made the CT editable in the CTHub as suggested, I have recreated the content type and the list it was in from scratch. The content type is set as the default for both lists, both content types are published. When I click new item the OOB form opens with no problems. I am able to create the workflow using the columns from the content type, but I can't access the form editor for anything except the Item CT in either list.  I have been able to do this wih other custom content types in my tenent, but this one just doesn't want to work.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,

Roberta

0 Kudos
8 Replies
pfudala
Nintex Newbie

Re: I am unable to create a Nintex Form for one of my content types.

Hi Roberta,

What is the inheritance of your content type?

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Hi Pierre,

I'm not sure what you are asking, so I am pulling from the Content Type Hub. The CT is based on an Item. Is that what you are asking?

Thanks,

Roberta

0 Kudos
pfudala
Nintex Newbie

Yes it is.

I asked you this question, especially to avoid that your content type was not based on "document set" content type.

From replies in this previous topic : Cannot use Nintex Forms for content type - Is there a workaround / roadmap ?

Have you ever try to unflag your content type as read-only?

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Yes, I tried that already and it did not help.

0 Kudos
pfudala
Nintex Newbie

What happens when you try to access to the designer?

Is there any error message?

0 Kudos
Not applicable

I don't get an error, I only have access to the Item content type.

NintexCTmissing.jpg

0 Kudos
xMikeX
Automation Master
Automation Master

Hi,

Can you clarify the issue - you said you can't access the editor for anything but the CT Item?  Do you mean that the item CT is the only content type that appears?   This is normal.   You'll want to go into Site Settings > Site content types > select your content type > Edit form with Nintex Forms

This will open the custom content type in the form designer.

That being said you don't edit custom content types directly from the list as you do the out of the box item content type.  Let me know if this solves your issue.

Thanks,

Mike

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Thank you Mike,

In SharePoint Online, I usually can edit them from the list the way that I do OOB. HOWEVER, following your instructions, I found the issue. Read only was turned off in the Content Type Hub, but was turned on at the site collection level. I turned read-only off at the site collection and it popped right up for me.

Thank you Mike and Pierre for your help!

CT Type Fix.jpg

0 Kudos