Not applicable

Find user to email based on column value

Hi,

So i have a sharepoint list, and based on dropdown value, i have a conditional column that displays the related persons email. This works fine.

Now I need nintex to use this information, and based on that email, look up the person on AD and then assign that person (owner of email address) to the workflow and then after that their manager for approval.

I am not sure, but the "find users by status" might be able to help what I am trying to do. But i get this error "OCS/Lync settings are required for this action to be configured."

Anyone have experience with this?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Not applicable

Re: Find user to email based on column value

Hi Sohaib, Please have a look at this link about the error message: http://www.vadimtabakman.com/nintex-workflow-approval-based-on-user-status.aspx I believe you can achieve your business  requirement logic. Thanks

0 Kudos
baltner
Process Pupil

Re: Find user to email based on column value

Sohaib:

Most of the responses to this post were about how to find the users by status action, which is nice, but did it answer your original question? I too am looking for away to query AD based on an email address to obtain the Person object associated with that address.  The main reason is that if I only specify an email address in an Approval requesr they only way to reply is via Lazy Approval.  You need the Person object to allow approval through SharePoint.  Thanks.

0 Kudos