I'm looking for a way to export SharePoint list content to a Word doc. Is there a way to do this in Nintex?
Solved! Go to Solution.
You can use "Update Document" workflow action for this, but there is a little work you have to done before that.
1. Create a word document with "Content controls", this link might help, give meaningful names to each control (better to give your list column names so it would be easy to refer).
2. Upload this document to a library.
3. Add "Update Document" workflow action to your workflow
4. Source URL - URL to the document (step 2)
5. Expand, "Add content control values" --> "Content control title " - enter the content control name from word document, "Value" - select column name (From Insert Reference dialog --> Item Properties).
6. Repeat step 5 to add all content control fields you required.
7. Output URL: enter a document library name and filename (http://siteurl/Shared Documents/filename.docx)
8. You can use list item's ID or a specific format for filename followed by ".docx" in the above step.
Hi Roger Brown,
If you are using SharePoint 2013, Go Central Admin --> Nintex Workflow Management --> Nintex Live and External Settings, enable "Enable prerequisite service" and then activate "Document Generation Capability" feature under "Document Generation" heading.
This article show the required features to be activated on SharePoint 2016.
I was able to use "Query List" and store the result in a collection variable. Then I used "Regular Expression" to take the semicolon delimited list and put each item on a new line. Then I used "Update Document" to populate a content control with the value of the new variable. Much thanks to this forum for all the help!