Not applicable

Re: Creating New Item in One List Based on Items in Another

Hi, yes - the workflow stats automatically when items are created or modified in the "Conversation" List. The switch action is the first one in the workflow. The switch is based on the item property "Conversation Status".

I tried both the pause you recommended and committing prior to the create item. Unfortunately, it still failed with the same error.

0 Kudos
emha
Collaborator

that's going to be weird...

I have set up the same test scenario myself, but was not able to reproduce what you see what ever strange things I tried to do with list, column, workflow, create item action...

however, finally, I revoked permissions from opportunity list from user that runs workflow on conversation list. with that setup I received just the same error, even though it's bit misleading.

so, check whether you have properly setup permission for the lists.

as well check workflow history, and appart from error message check outcome column as well.

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Hi, my permissions are managed by groups and these groups have consistent access across the site. I double checked and I have the same access for both Conversation and Opportunity lists.

The outcome column indicates "unknown error".

0 Kudos
emha
Collaborator

so, you are able manually create an item in opportunity list with user credentials that run workflow, aren't you?

I then removed all mandatory flags from opportunity and tried to just create the item. Again, same issue.

have you meant with it that you you tried create item action with no column specified? and with no "Store new item ID in"?

if not, could you try that?

I do not see listed Title column among columns configured in create item action.

have you renamed/reconfigured  it? it's typically mandatory so should have been included automatically.

or is your list built on customized content type (not inherited from default Item content type)?

how did you create your list(s), manually from site gallery? or was it somehow imported (list template, site template, powershell, excel sheet...)?

0 Kudos