Not applicable

Create a dynamic workflow

Jump to solution

Hello,

I am working on workflows for different teams in a project.All workflows describing a document lifecycle, e. g. "draft", "released" and for each state different actions need to be executed (e. g. send mail).

For example:

Team A has following states: "Draft", "Issued", "Released"

Team B has following states: "Start", "Reviewed", "Final"

Because there are many teams and the teams should be able to configure these states I am searching for a way to create a dynamic workflow.

Is it possible to create dynamic branches for a Flexi task or run parallel actions or something similar? Is it possible to define the different states of a state machine over variables?

Thanks!

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
kapilkjoshi
Apprentice

Re: Create a dynamic workflow

Jump to solution

Hi Stephanie Dammann,

There is no concept of dynamic branches but instead, you could create individual workflows for each state. Then from the main workflow start these in parallel. The first condition in each workflow would be to check if the state selected by users is the one for that workflow. If not, the workflow will end else continue to send tasks.

If you think this would be too much effort then you can do all these branches within 1 workflow itself. Run parallel actions and the first condition in each branch would be to check if the states selected contains the name of that branch. It may work.

Hope it helps.

Not applicable

Re: Create a dynamic workflow

Jump to solution

Thanks for your answer!

I think I will try out our second suggestion and will create one workflow with all branches.

I was just hoping that there would be something, so that I dont need to create each branch manually. (This is of course time consuming if you need to do this for several teams with different states).

Greets!

0 Kudos