AshMa
Design Dabbler

Back to Back regular expressions not working even though commit pending changes is added

Hi,

What i am trying to do here is. If a user responds with a Lazy approval. I am trying to capture his comments on to a Notes column based on his response.(I am using default Approver Comments)

But on my way down this scenario. i observed that when i try to do resular expression actions back to back in the same block. for some reason it is not working. even though i have added commit pending changes to my previous action.

What i am doing here is storing each outcome in one temporary variable and using that variable on another regex action. that way my final variable contains my final output which i use to update the item.

My regex formula seems to be working fine upon run now. 

any help is appreciated.

Thanks

regexSnap.PNG

0 Kudos
3 Replies
SimonMuntz
Nintex Employee
Nintex Employee

Re: Back to Back regular expressions not working even though commit pending changes is added

Commit pending changes action is not required in this situation.
This article gives you insight into the correct use of the action.
https://community.nintex.com/t5/Nintex-for-SharePoint/Designing-your-Workflow-Commit-Pending-Changes...
0 Kudos
AshMa
Design Dabbler

Re: Back to Back regular expressions not working even though commit pending changes is added

I have disabled commit pending changes as well. but still no change in the regex behavior.

0 Kudos
SimonMuntz
Nintex Employee
Nintex Employee

If you create a workflow with just 2 regular expression actions in a row does that work? This will tell us if its the workflow or the fact that there are two regular expression actions in a row that cause an issue.
0 Kudos