Not applicable

Attach PDF to parent record

Jump to solution

We have multiple child records and want the resulting PDF from a drawloop run to be attached to the parent record instead of the current record.  How can we do that (like Conga)?

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Y_Mushell
Scholar

Re: Attach PDF to parent record

Jump to solution

Hey Greg,

You can specify that you'd like to attach your files to a record other than the one that the DDP is run on using an "Insert-Update" record.

1. After you've created your "Salesforce Attachment" delivery option, you'd click on the New Insert-Update button (by the related list)
  2. Select "Advanced" as the type (which will expand your options)
  3. Then select the object type name that you want to attach it to (the type of object that your parent record is)
  4. check both the "Update existing Record" and the "Attach to this object" checkboxes in the first column.
  5. for the Field-Value Pairs, you'll want to use the field tagger to get the DDP tag to get the Id of the record you want to attach the ddp to. (In your case it will be the lookup field on the child object) the result would look something like:
    Record Id = <<ChildObject_ParentObject_Id>>
  6. If you have multiple delivery options, you may want to select specifically the Salesforce Attachment option.(the last field in the second column) - this will ensure that the actions specified in the Insert-Update only take place when using that specific delivery option.

Good luck!

Not applicable

Jump to solution

Perfect - thank you very much!

Cheers,

greg

--

Greg Johnson, PhD

President, RBR Ltd

+1 613 986 1621

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Hi Yisroel,

Greg and I have not been successful at attaching our pdf to the parent object. We are wondering if it is because the format of our Parent Object ID in step 5 is not the same as what is indicated in your example.

Our parent object it referred to as a Work Order and our child object is an Assessment Report. When we are looking up the field tagger from the Assessment report, we start with the Main Object as the "Assessment Report", then under field we go to "Work Order (Id) >" then Lookup Object Field is "Record ID" this gives us a tag of "<<WorkOrder_Id>>"

Please advise

Jon

0 Kudos
Y_Mushell
Scholar

Jump to solution

Hi Jon,

I was just giving an example based on the way it looks one of the ones that I have set up. but on another I have a straight reference to the Parent Id just as you do, and it still works.

Are you getting an error when you run the DDP or does it seem to go through and just not attach anywhere?

Also, were you successfully getting the pdf attached to the child record before trying it with the insert update to attach it to the parent?

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Jump to solution

No, we can't attach to the current record either, as it turns out. Do you

need login access?

--

Greg Johnson, PhD

President, RBR Ltd

+1 613 986 1621

0 Kudos
Y_Mushell
Scholar

Jump to solution

Login access wouldn't help me sorry, I'm just another user.

I did make the assumption that you had already set up a Delivery Option of the type "Attach" where the "Store As" field is set to attachment, and that that is the one you were selecting when running the DDP.

If that is set up and it's still not working, I'd recommend contacting support, they're very responsive and will be able to sort it all out quickly.

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Hi Yisroel,

That was it! We didn't have a Delivery Option of the type "Attach". Works perfectly now!

Thanks!

Jon

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Hi Yisroel,

Thanks so much for the help - it worked out great. We didn't realise

that both delivery options wouldn't run (only the first one in the list, I

guess) so the 'Attach' delivery we had tried caused some confusion.

Thanks again!

g

0 Kudos
Y_Mushell
Scholar

Jump to solution

Great!

I'm happy it all worked out

- Yisroel

0 Kudos