cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Task permission

I've created a Leave Request workflow that uses a SharePoint list.  Everything works fine except for the Assign-A-Task action which creates a Workflow Task list in the process.  The list item can be approved or rejected by any user, when it should only allow the user which is assigned the task.  How do I fix this issue so that only the assigned-to user can approve or reject the task. Although this question was asked earlier but not answered.

0 Kudos
13 Replies
Workflow Hero

Re: Task permission

Currently the newly created task doesn't get any individual permissions.

You could however create a workflow on the task-list, which is triggerd when a new task is created. This workflow could assign individual permissions to the user to whom the task is assigned to. This way your main workflow would not be bothered with this "detail".

Accept as Solution Reply
Not applicable

Thanks for the response Henning.

I tried using the approach mentioned by you, but the workflow doesn't get started as the task was created by System. As discussed in https://community.nintex.com/thread/8359  thread.

Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

Hi Vivek,

I have created a Blog Post for you.

Good luck ;-)

Christophe

Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

Weird - you're right. I was truly under the impression this would work.

Accept as Solution Reply
Not applicable

Thanks Christophe Raucq,

Appreciate your detailed response and code shared. However, While talking about leave application system, I am wondering if just hiding buttons from users is enough as a leave application can contain personal details about employee (Comments/Sick leave) and I agree we could hide these too. But I am just disappointed that we don't have a standard way of not allowing other users access to the request.

Anyways I am working on controlling permissions from sharepoint rather than NW, I ll keep updating if I could progress.

Vivek 

Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

Who's the assignee of the task? Only the assignee user/group can edit the task.

Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

Not in O365

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

Any updates or ideas regarding this issue? Will Nintex somehow resolve this?

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

You can follow this uservoice element: Prevent other users from approve/reject task not assigned to them – Customer Feedback for Nintex  - unfortunately nothing is yet planned from what I know. You need to handle this manually. But as now we have the ability to get all tasks' ids generated for a specific approval action, it is easier now to just iterate through the collection and for each task set specific permissions.

Regards,

Tomasz

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply