Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Not applicable

Repeating section 'add' button error

Jump to solution

Hello

I have a Nintex form on 365, where we are using repeating sections to generate xml, however I do not want the 'add' button to display. I came across a problem though, it works on browser but in in the app, below i have show the setup on my form.

Go in to the settings and change 'no' to 'yes' in the 'prevent add/delete in new/edit mode

This works perfectly in browser view on computer and tablet

When the form is displayed in Nintex mobile app or tablet the add button is still displayed

Anyone had this before or found a solution? look like a bug to me...

Thanks

Miles

Labels: (1)
8 Replies
Automation Master
Automation Master

Re: Repeating section 'add' button error

Jump to solution

Your two controls on the layout may not be linked if you add the control after already creating the Mobile layout. Go to the Mobile Forms layout and go to the repeating section control settings and re-set the setting and publish.

More on Linked Controls

To add a linked control to another layout

1. In the Properties pane, select the layout that you want to add the linked control to.The selected layout is displayed on the designer canvas.
  2. In the Controls in Use pane, select a filter or layout to display the controls that you want to add.For example, select Not in Current Layout to display controls on other layouts or select the source layout to display controls on that layout.
  3. Drag and drop the control onto the current layout.As long as the control does not already exist in the current layout, the added control is a linked control.If the layout already contains a copy of that control, then the copied control is created as a stand-alone copy (not linked); configuration changes do not affect other copies of the control.

To determine if a control is linked, do one of the following

• Select the control on the designer canvas.If the control is linked, then the link image appears in the center of the control.
  • Open the control settings dialog box for the control.If the control is linked, then the link image appears along with the following message at the top of the dialog box."This is a linked control. These settings will affect all layouts containing this control."
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Hello Andrew

I have check and they are linked, the entire form was created in desktop view tested and then i created the tablet and mobile app views after.

any other thoughts?

Edit

I have just tried creating a new list on a different environment and same issues. the repeat scions are defiantly linked, and in the edit mode it shows displas as if the add button is hidden.

renskes
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Hi

Have you found a solutions to this yet? I am having the same problem at the moment.

Automation Master
Automation Master

Jump to solution

You see the add button in mobile?

renskes
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Hi Andrew,

Yes, the add new row button as well as the option to delete the row.

I have logged this with support and they confirmed that this a bug in the Mobile form.

Not applicable

Jump to solution

I just checked with Support, and it is indeed a bug that is being worked on. I don't have a date for a fix in a future update, but I don't think you'll have to wait too terribly long.  Please ping me if you don't get a fix in an update by year's end and I'll chase down the status.

0 Kudos
renskes
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Hi guys!

This bug has been fixed by Support

You only need to update your version of the Mobile app to the latest and your good to go!

Cool stuff!

View solution in original post

Not applicable

Jump to solution

Thanks for coming back to let us know, ‌!

0 Kudos