cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Not applicable

Office 365 send an email within an app step, is stuck on starting

We have created a Workflow in SharePoint online.

1. SPD Workflow that converts a file to PDF (and send it to a ‘submit’ document library) using Muhimbi Workflow Actions.

2. Nintex for Office 365 workflow that is hooked to the ‘submit’ library that picks up any new files, send them via email and then delete the pdf)

I am using an App step in the Nintex Workflow, because the converted document is under the user SharePoint App and using an Send an email action.

The Workflow does not trigger automatically. It is stuck on Started.

Please help.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
olampl11
Nintex Newbie

Re: Office 365 send an email within an app step, is stuck on starting

It is a known behavior, Microsoft does not allow to trigger any workflow event, if the calling action happens within an App Step.

(That was discussed several times here, I have an similar issue on the workflow tasks list.)

Sry, but you have to find another solution / way to get you trigger started.

Regards Oliver

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Hello Oliver,

I resolved the issue by elevating the App Permission for the App.

Thanks and Regards,

Clavin Fernandes

0 Kudos
cmikhaiel
Nintex Newbie

How did you do this Calvin? 

I have a a little bit different issue. The workflow should update another list item with a value based on information looked up on the form. The user has contribute access to both lists and I've added the actions where the other list get updated into an action set with elevated permissions, yet the whol action set now is not triggered, it doesn't start and the workflow is stuck on started and eventually goes into a suspended mode... does any one have an idea why is this happening? 

0 Kudos