cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

I have 2 list A and B. List A has 2 columns Names (Drop down), Function (Single line of text). I am using a form in List B, There should be a control in the form which will display the value of Names as drop down, and on selection of names, corresponding

I have 2 list A and B. List A has 2 columns Names (Drop down), Function (Single line of text). I am using a form in List B, There should be a control in the form which will display the value of Names as drop down, and on selection of names, corresponding function value will be saved in the column of List B. How can I achieve it?

Labels: (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
Workflow Hero

Re: I have 2 list A and B. List A has 2 columns Names (Drop down), Function (Single line of text). I am using a form in List B, There should be a control in the form which will display the value of Names as drop down, and on selection of names, correspond

Hi,

My answer in this post should help you

Re: Get the current item's content type in forms

Content Type is your Name list

Appendix is your Function list.

Best regards,

Christophe

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Not applicable

Re: I have 2 list A and B. List A has 2 columns Names (Drop down), Function (Single line of text). I am using a form in List B, There should be a control in the form which will display the value of Names as drop down, and on selection of names, correspond

Hi Christophe,

Thanks for the reply. I am able to get the values of Name column in the control. but when I select the value (Say I choose A), then the value that is getting stored is 1 and not A in the column. I want to store the data corresponding to the ID. Can you please help me on this?

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Not applicable

Hi Christophe,

The solution is not helping me. Let me explain you what I have done in the form. I have used a list lookup control in the form, The form is associated with List A . The list lookup is taking the value from List B column name say "solutions" and showing it correctly in the runtime as a drop down. But when I enter the selection in the control in the runtime say I select an option "science solution", It selects the corresponding ID of Science Solution and not the data (Science Solution) in the column of List A. Any suggestion will be helpful to get me out of this situation

Regards,

Sayantan

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

Hi,

Can you tell me how do you get the value of the Science Solution column?

Best regards,

Christophe

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

Hi,

Maybe you can use a calculated value with this function

parseLookup(selScienceSolution, true)

where selScienceSolution is a Lookup control for Science Solution

Regards,

Christophe

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply