Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Not applicable

Exporting Nintex Onprem to Office365

Jump to solution

Hi there

I have a client that I have been building a Nintex onPrem solution for. They are looking to migrate to O365 in the near future. I would like to know what functionality is lost when migrating to the cloud. One of the features we are using is creating an AD account. Is this feature available in Nintex O365?

Also, are there are any other features that are glaringly missing from O365 compared to OnPrem?

Would we need to use Sharegate to do this migration or can export/import work for OnPrem to O365? We are also using Nintex forms so this would need to be migrated to O365 as well.

Thanks

0 Kudos
9 Replies
tbeduneau
Nintex Newbie

Re: Exporting Nintex Onprem to Office365

Jump to solution

Some features won't be available on 365 : using UDA, snippets, scheduled workflows (but there's some ways to achieve this), query list is less user-friendly, user-driven task delegation before leaving, no way to disable safe looping, limit on number of actions/variables per workflow, Form printing,...

But you will gain some cool features, like  Document Generation !

(I avoid telling you about some performance issues caused by O365....depending on your geography.)

jonathankite
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Does anyone have experience doing the opposite?  Going from O365 to On Prem?  The performance issues of Office 365 definitely impact our organization. 

Warwick
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Unfortunately the story hasn't changed around this, and don't think it ever will whilst within the SharePoint add environment....

0 Kudos
francois
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Agree with Thomas Beduneau​.

About the possibility to create user in O365, this action is available in the Enterprise version, in the "Provisioning" category ("Office 365 create user"). This user is created in O365 not in the local AD.

0 Kudos
christopheraucq
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

An interesting post here

Re: Migrating nintex workflows from SharePoint 2010 OnPremise to Office 365

And the list of supported actions for the migration to SharePoint Online (jan 2016)

Nintex FAQ - Sharegate Documentation

Not applicable

Jump to solution

Hi Christophe

Thanks for the links. I have had a look at Sharegate as well for the migration and it is a viable option for us. I was hoping that I could use the out of box export import feature instead of acquiring a new tool for the migration.

0 Kudos
mmatsako
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Hi Krishant,

I haven't had any success of using the export from one and going to the other.   You might want to end up looking into a third party tool (Sharegate) as suggested above.  To be honest, going from on-prem to the Cloud is quite a task and usually takes a lot of manual rebuilding.   But you can also think of it as an opportunity to improve upon things that otherwise would have sat on the TODO list a lot longer...

-Mike

TomaszPoszytek
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

I'm in the middle of the migration project, having over 200 workflows to be migrated from SP2010/2013 on premise to O365. We are using Sharegate and frankly speaking, when the case is to migrate a simple workflow, ex. having 20 actions, Sharegate does it (in most cases) like a charm. Yes, there are many unsupported actions that needs to be recreated. The worst and most annoying issue is that, if you don't move actions from inside your UDA's, Foreach, Action Set blocks, they will be lost during the migration as those "blocks" are not supported. You will have only blank placeholders, and all what was inside is gone and must be re created from a scratch.

Moreover such actions like "query xml" (and other xml actions), foreach, loops are not supported and must be re-created as well, as the architecture of SP is different and those actions cannot be mapped (that is what I heard ).

Moreover I had many issues with large workflows (100+) actions, they weren't migrated at all, Sharegate migrator was reporting ununderstandable error messages which were useless trying to find out what is the reason. I ended up with manual re-creation of all such workflows.

You can find my simple guide attached, telling which actions are not supported and what are the counterparts and possible workarounds for them in O365.

Regards,

Tomasz

TomaszPoszytek
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

If you are still interested in the topic, you can read my other answer where I provided more detailed information about the migration issues: https://community.nintex.com/thread/14914-migration-form-nintex-2010t-to-o365

Regards,

Tomasz

0 Kudos