cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Can I display metadata from a multiple-selection choice field in a workflow email?

Jump to solution

Hi guys,

I have a form that includes several choice fields, one of which is multiple-selection. I want to include data from these fields in an email to be sent to the process owner. However, the metadata just displays as

{"__metadata":{"type":"Collection(Edm.String)"},"results":["Direct Only"]}

I have thought of storing the value of the field into a variable, but would this work for the multiple-selection field? Can I store these values into a collection or dictionary?

Any advice much appreciated xx

Labels: (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Not applicable

Re: Can I display metadata from a multiple-selection choice field in a workflow email?

Jump to solution

Update: it works fine for single-choice fields, for multichoice fields it gives the dictionary shown above. My problem is now getting the data I want (in this case "Direct Only", but could include more than 1 item) out of this dictionary.

Workflow Hero

Re: Can I display metadata from a multiple-selection choice field in a workflow email?

Jump to solution

"Direct only" is actually in a collection variable type. In your case you will need to store the item property into a dictionary variable first. You can then use the Get an Item From a Dictionary action and store the "results" key item into a collection variable. The collection variable will have the Direct Only value. Even though there is only one value in the collection, the system knows it could have been a multiselect and put in a choice for consistency. With the collection var you can use any of the collection actions to get the value. 

0 Kudos