brianknight
Explorer

List attachments collected on a start event form onto a Approval Task form

Is there a way to list the attachments collected on a start event form onto an approval task form? I know I can attach the files in the task notification email (and any notification) that goes out.  However, that feels disjointed to me.  I have several sections in the starting form that require attached documentation.  To have that all come to the approver in one clump of attachments feel clunky. If anyone has done something like this, please let me know.  Thank you.

Labels: (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Nintex_Sam
Nintex How-To Center Expert

Re: List attachments collected on a start event form onto a Approval Task form

@brianknight 

Give this how-to article a look and let me know if it covers what you're looking to do:

Display Item Attachments on Task Forms 

The content was created to help users upgrading from Nintex for Office 365 to Nintex Workflow Cloud, but may contain enough of the Nintex Workflow Cloud pieces needed to meet your needs.

-Sam

0 Kudos
brianknight
Explorer

Thank you. I’ll take a look. The issue though is the starting form. In the video example the starting form is coming from SharePoint online where my starting form is coming from Workflow Cloud. I figure I need to do some sort of loop to pull in each attachment but I can’t seem to get those variables to show up as options in the task form. I did find another post that mentions seeing both the original form and the task on the workflow cloud MyNintex page. You can then download the attachment and review it at that point. Not perfect but better than sending them in a bulk within an email.
0 Kudos
Nintex_Sam

@brianknight - I'll take a look on my end and see what I can come up with on my tenant.  I'll let you know what I find, but it may not be until Monday (07FEB22).

-Sam

0 Kudos
Nintex_Sam

@brianknight - I've reached out to the Nintex Workflow Cloud team to see what options are available to accomplish this.  Once I hear back, I'll update this post.

0 Kudos