DannyH
Novice

Error trying to activate smartobjects for libraries and lists in SharePoint

I am trying to create smartojects for the lists and libraries in a site using the SharePoint UI, however when i click on the create button i get the following error:

 

10702 An error occurred in the service instance.

The SharePoint Service V2 broker only supports SharePoint Server 2010 and 2007. Verify the version of SharePoint you’re connecting to, and if it’s SharePoint 2013, use the SharePoint broker instead.

The request failed with HTTP status 401: Unauthorized.

 

 

We are on SharePoint 2010 so I am not sure what it is seeing.

I also tried creating the smartobjects with the smartobject tester and was able but only if I had impersonate set for the authentication type, if I changed it to service account i get the same error.

 

Has anyone seen this before? 

0 Kudos
Reply
3 Replies
Austin1
Novice

Re: Error trying to activate smartobjects for libraries and lists in SharePoint

For claity, are you on SP 2010 or are you on SP 2013 in 2010 compatability mode?

0 Kudos
Reply
DannyH
Novice

Re: Error trying to activate smartobjects for libraries and lists in SharePoint

we are SharePoint 2010

0 Kudos
Reply
alyssa_v
Novice

Re: Error trying to activate smartobjects for libraries and lists in SharePoint

I know this may not help you fully, but I found a client who had a similar problem. They were unable to create a SharePoint SMO and got the same returned error as you from the second line through the HTTP 401: Unauthorized part. An engineer noted that the error you are receiving usually occurs when 

 

1. The K2 Service account is not a Site Collection Administrator

2. The version of the K2 Components installed on the WFE/CA does not match up with that of the K2 Server

3. The Activate K2 for SharePoint Settings Wizard has not been run for the Site Collection in question

 

It's suggested that you make the K2 Service account (the account running the Windows K2 blackpearl Server service) a Site Collection Administrator in the SharePoint site. See if this helps. Then do a repair install of K2 Components on both the K2 Server and the SP WFE. 

 

Regards,

Alyssa

Reply