Question

Nintex On-Prem - Responsive Form - Attachment validation

• 15 December 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge +2

I’m currently working on an Nintex On-Prem Responsive form and I would like an attachment control to require validation of at least one attachment when there is a date populated in a date field and the answer to a choice question is “Yes”.

My issue is this attachment control is on a hidden panel that doesn’t appear until later down the form. If you use the validation rules on the control itself, it won’t allow for the initial submission of the form. 

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

-Pat

3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

Can’t you simply move the rule to an earlier point in the form? From my experience you can put rules on pretty much any visible and active control on the form, you could put a validation rule like:

and(and(equals(Choice,”Yes”),not(isNullorEmpty(dateField))),isNullorEmpty({Self}))

on the attachment field and invalidate if that comes out true.

Userlevel 6
Badge +22

Hi @BobR,

The user is using a Responsive form, and the rule you advise is for classic forms.
Just for future reference, the not() can only be used at the start of a rule to invert the outcome. It cannot be used embedded in a rule as you have it here.

Badge +3

I had a similar issue.  I managed to get it working by adding the validation on the control, then added a rule of “isNullOrEmpty({Self})” onto the control aswell.