Skip to main content

Hello,

dues to a data loss that was discovered way too late to get it back from backup we lost our SVD files for several K2 connect SAP SmartObjects...

Is there any possibility to get them back from what is saved in K2? I have seen that the SVD files seems to be plain XML, correct? Is this information "stored" in the DB? Happily in one table 🙂? Or do I have to combine several information?

regards,

Johann

Hi,

You may want to log a ticket with K2 Support to inqure about this. The service object is stored in your K2 database, and I believe there should be records of the SVD somewhere in your K2 connect database. Better check with K2 Support if there is a proper way to extract that.

Hi JSC

There is no way you can recorver .svd file if you didnt do backup or snapshot, even searching in the database will not help since they are no database tables that save those files.

Regards

Elvis

Hello,

I found a way by myself and yes it is working:

In Visual Studio you have the "K2 Service Object Designer" and when you have opened an empty Solution (as if you want to create new Connect Smart Objects) you can right clich the listed "old" items and click on "modify Entity"

Then it will create the SVD Files again...

regards,

Johann