A Simple Time Sheet Solution - Part 1

• 14 February 2017
  • 15 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Greetings 

Most of the discussions I have with customers who are introduced to our Nintex Platform are ideas of processes they would like to automate within their environment. Some examples typically include; Employee onboarding/offboarding, Problem Identification/Safety Inspections, Travel Requests etc. 

I decided to do something a bit different, namely a Time Sheet Solution; just to show you guys how to approach a process you'd like to automate using Nintex, once you've taken time to understand and disect it using Promapp like I have below:

In part 1 of this blog, I've done a +/- 12 minute introduction to how I broke down the Solution using some of the tips and tricks we've covered in our recent Workflow Pro's EMEA webinar. In this first part I give a short description on how the solution works, and as I continue with this blog series I will dive deeper into the solution. 

I hope you guys enjoy this!

Continue to part 2

15 replies

Badge +8

Great start of the video  I could not understand all you were saying but I have that often with rap.

Badge +9

Look forwards to the 2nd part going into detail of the workflow magic!

Badge +8

It was part of the latest EMEA Workflow Pro's. You can check it here.

Cheers,

Rick

Great job I really like this!

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Haha thanks Rick Bakker :

Haha I was messing around doing a freestyle using Nintex®️ terminology, concepts and action names, and trying to do a couple of puns, and rhyme schemes with them! Just like any decent rap song, i'll share the "lyrics" with you haha... its not good enough to be on Rap Genuis but here you go:

"...I'm the master of Iambic pentameter/ best to take it in, like UDA parameters/...I Excel , when I Query XML/ Log this to your History List: 'this Evangelist is known to do it well/...man please/ i'm a beast with frees/ changing steez(styles) like approval State Machines/ and best believe... with NWC®/ we're way past the syntax of modern day cloud technology/... the truth hurts, and the logs don't lie/expose these guys like Hawkeyes API "

Thanks for your comment, part 2 is coming really soon, as well as a download for this solution  

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Thanks guys, part 2 is almost ready with downloadable content  

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

awesome

Incredible! Keep up this creativity we love it! Showed it to the office neighbors well done.

Great job, Palesa thank you for sharing!

Badge +2

Awesome Intro Video
Great Job

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Thanks ‌!!!

Will this solution work with Sharepoint 2013?

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Yes  

Hi,

These are good documents for me, but as per the instructions given in this timesheet I am getting error in some variables (i.e. UDA and extra columns) when editing the form and workflow.

I edited it here:

1) Replace the initial name to Emp number.

2) Added in the form of additional calculated value (Act Type).

3) Added 2 additional lookup columns in Repeating section filter based on project columns.

4) Another final report for the timesheet report added its work parallel.

5) How to keep the lock on the weekend date

Please guide me or provide solution( i.e Form template and Workflow  Template)

Thank for Advance.

Love it!