Solved

Workflow loop through the users in a SP permission group

• 11 January 2017
  • 2 replies

Hello there,

I'm looking to use a workflow to get the users belonging to a SP2013 permission group, then create a task for each one of them, so that they can complete the task assigned to them asynchronously. I know how to do it for a list, but not a SP permission group.

I'd prefer to accomplish this workflow using K2 Designer, but K2 Studio works just as well.

Thanks in advance for your assistance!

Best Regards,

Che

icon

Best answer by MickiC 11 January 2017, 01:39

View original

2 replies

Badge +7

You don’t need to find the people in a group you can just assign a task to the SharePoint group.

In designer add user task and step through the wizard, when you get to the participants step use search but change it from people to groups. Search for your SharePoint group by name. You will see both SharePoint groups and Add groups used in SharePoint. Drag this group to participants and select all at once.

Here is what I think is the tricky part. After you finish the task. You need to modify the outcome rules. As you hover over your task you will see icons appear. You want to select outcomes (looks like a pyramid of connected boxes).

For my example I just have an outcome call Complete but you will have one for every outcome you specified. Select the check box next to the outcome and select edit. The default is "One" participant selected the ‘Complete". If you want each user to have to complete the task then change "One" to "All" or if you want a specific number to complete like 3. Clock OK and do this for all outcomes if desired,

I hope this helps

Hi Micki,

Thanks for replying. Yes, I had played with the solution you describe as well. However, I wanted to generate a list or report so that a supervisor could see who had completed the task and when, as well as who hasn't. I didn't know how to do that.

But your post prompted me to revisit the SP 2013 K2 Reports "View Process Flow" and I found the breakdown of users that I needed.

Thanks very much for your input!

Best Regards,

Che