Skip to main content

I am getting the 'SmartObject property ID is a required property for selected method Load. Value must be set.' error message.

I have a form with two views which are sharing a smartbox object.  I want the first view to update details about a course change (entered by an instructor), and I then have a task sent to records mgmt to open the smartbox item and update some 'Office Use' fields on the same smartbox object.  I am using buttons to action the form, since I have multiple fields in the office use view I need updated.

I am getting the error after opening the task for review.

My workflow appears to work (in general), since I can still confirm or deny the request on the second view.

I cannot find where I need to update to pass the ID to the workflow to open the second view without getting this error.  Any help?

I will try and include screen shots.

Thanks!

13789i24EE71E4DD33BEAF.png
14586i6F961A44A603456E.png
11185i1E1E3A608852DF70.png
13064iADE4662D3714FC10.png
13833i939235C740A9C813.png
17052i771847217DB0B83C.png
13675iBDEF8BB9CFC36F80.png

If I need to provide more specific screen shots of rules, or configuration, please contact me.

Is it even possible to have two views updating the same smartbox object?

Is there anyone I could work with to get help on understanding what I need to change to get past this error on the load method?

Hello Bklaege,

Well, it is straight forward from the error. You need to pass ID to read or load method to get the data to display on the form. Now the question is, how. Let's do it step by step

- When you first submit the form, you create the record into the database and I believe you would be starting the workflow at the same time.

- Create datalabel on smartform. You can store the returned ID value in that data label.

- Create variable something called WFRequestID in the workflow. When the record is created in the database, the smart object returns the ID, check out output properties

- Store that returned ID in datalabel on smartform 

- On start workflow rule assign ID in datalable to workflow variable, WFRequestID while you kick off that workflow. WFRequestID = datalabel.

- Go to your activity where you assign a task to the user. You will find the serial number parameter. Append another parameter, requestID = WFRequestID

- Now you have got requestID as smartform parameter. Now, In smartform initialize method, use this requestID to call your load or read method.

This way you will show the required data.

Hello Bklaege,

Well, it is straight forward from the error. You need to pass ID to read or load method to get the data to display on the form. Now the question is, how. Let's do it step by step

- When you first submit the form, you create the record into the database and I believe you would be starting the workflow at the same time.

- Create datalabel on smartform. You can store the returned ID value in that data label.

- Create variable something called WFRequestID in the workflow. When the record is created in the database, the smart object returns the ID, check out output properties

- Store that returned ID in datalabel on smartform 

- On start workflow rule assign ID in datalable to workflow variable, WFRequestID while you kick off that workflow. WFRequestID = datalabel.

- Go to your activity where you assign a task to the user. You will find the serial number parameter. Append another parameter, requestID = WFRequestID

- Now you have got requestID as smartform parameter. Now, In smartform initialize method, use this requestID to call your load or read method.

This way you will show the required data.

Ypawar,

Thanks for your attempted help, but I don't understand your solution.  The steps may be obvious, but the how help was what needed further explanation.  Your solution may very well work, but I did not understand how to do what you were saying, pointing to the K2 documentation did not give me specifics either.

Good news!  This is now working thanks to big help from Scott P.  Basically, the Smartobject was saved in the Item reference smartobject workflow fields when starting the workflow.  When the approval workflow was opened, this object was referenced in the input mapping destinations and used to open the views containing the data in the smartbox object.

That's great! you have got the solution. Referencing the smartobject is alernative. At beginging it does not make sense how the refernicng smartobject do the magic, so I was trying to help you with easy way. But once you understand details about how refereincing smarobject work, you are good to go.