Skip to main content

Hello All (Caution Newbie!),

I am trying to add 3 columns to a table and to have those 3 columns reflected in my SmartObject for use on a form.

I have moddified my table (the easy part!) in the database.

In SmartObject Tester app, I refreshed the Service Instance and the new columns are visible in my Table Poperties and List Method.

But....

The smartobject associated with the table in the ServiceInstance does not return the data from the new columns when I run the "List" method.

The new columns are visible in the Properties of my smartobject.

But,if I expand out the List method, the new columns are NOT visible in the Properties of the List method.

I've clicked on "Refresh SmartObject" on the Smartobject shown in the Tester app, but the new columns do not appear on the List method.

Q:  Is there something else that I need to do to get my SmartObject to realize that there are three new propertes in the Servive Instance?

Thank you,

-tomas

You likely need to edit all of the SmartObject's methods and bind the SmartObject's properties to the corresponding Service Object method properties.

Also, depending on how the SmartObject was initially created; you maybe able to use the 'Generate SmartObjects' or 'Create SmartObjects' option of the SmartObject Service Tester tool to update the SmartObject keeping the SmartObject's Display/System Name and GUID the same.

Thanks!!  This solved my problem.

I had previously added the columns to my smart object, but the properties were not bound properly.

I clicked the "AutoMap" option and the properties were then properly bounded. 

Now, the "List" method returns the data from the new columns in my data table.

Thank you!

-tomas

Hi Tin,

What is a difference between generate smartobject and created smartobject?

There are three different options available to create/manage SmartObject from a SQL Service Instance via SmartObject Service Tester tool:

a.  From service instance > Create SmartObjects

- manages the creation and updates of all SQL SmartObjects of the service instance as well as SmartObject's category as a set (no control over displayname and guid)

- allows for the appending of a string to all of the SmartObject system name (no control over the overall displayname, systemname, guid)

- can be used to update all SmartObject as a set if there are changes to the database objects schema(tables, views, sprocs)

- displayname, systemname and guid will remain the same (if targeting the same set of SmartObject)

b.  From service instance > Generate SmartObjects

- manages the creation and updates of all SQL SmartObjects of the service instance as a set (no control over displayname, systemname, category, guid)

- can be used to update all SmartObject as a set if there are changes to the database objects schema (tables, views, sprocs)

- displaynamesystemname, guid and category will remain the same 

c.  From Service Object > Create SmartObject (singular)

- allows for managing of the SystemName/DisplayName, GUID, and category SmartObject is created in

- can be used to regenerate/update the existing SmartObject by targeting the 'SystemName' of the SmartObject (with the 'Check Name' button) and returning the current GUID for this SmartObject (with the 'Get Existing Guid' button) before publishing it again

** if not returning the existing name and GUID, a new SmartObject with different value will be created

* all three options mainly used if there are NO customization with the SmartObject and the default generated functionality is desired; as regenerating the SmartObject with the same SystemName and GUID will remove any customization previously done; if SmartObject was customized, manually changes to these objects in the designer that they were designed in (K2 Designer, K2 Studio, K2 for Visual Studio) will preserve the customization.