NAC Form Plugins

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Greetings, members of the community! As a member of the product team at Nintex, I am currently dedicated to NAC forms. My main objective is to gain insights into the adoption of our plugin. Specifically, I'm interested in understanding who is using NAC form plugins and in what ways they are utilizing them. Do you have any specific feedback for improving the capability?

20 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @SeeDee 

Thanks for your active participation in the community.

Yes, currently, I’m using a customized 4-column grid to display an Activity Log in a Task Form

Using a Composite workflow to populate (append) the values into the main variable “ActivityLog JSON

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

I posted the link to the customized 4-column grid 

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @SeeDee 

I would like to see a more “Dashboard Summary” or KPI widgets.
Example taken from the NAC -> Workflow Tracking 

I  would also like to see some Progress Status Bar widgets.

Sourcehttps://www.istockphoto.com/vector/progress-bar-step-process-graphic-indicator-design-app-abstract-interface-element-gm1387292130-445269205

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Thanks @Garrett.

FYI - @Jake @Carl @DanStoll @AndyHayes 

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @SeeDee 

Got the idea from this thread

Encrypted Data Grid Plugin
User would type input to the Grid. 
Click toggle to encrypt the data.
Submit the Encrypted Data is saved to a Text Long SP column or nVarChar(MAX) SQL 

The Start Event or Task Form will display to everyone  including Admin, Designers and Business Owners.

Authorized Users can click toggle to decrypt the data.
A password prompt (can be mandatory or optional) may appear.
The Grid display the un-encrypted data

PS: Buy me coffee ☕ and send me a Nintex Tee 👕

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

I saw this Nintex Form Plugins capability recently and I am very interested.  I have some simple needs at first, like cascading dropdown menus, but I anticipate that I will want to get a lot more advanced soon.

But I am having trouble getting started.  For instance, I tried your simple React example here - 

GitHub - nintexplatform/form-plugin-react-example

Your instructions tell me to select “Add plugin” and name it “nintex-react-iframe” but I can’t, because “Element names must not start with nintex, ntx, nwc, or nac.” So I named it “simple-react-iframe” and I uploaded the file of main.js, as instructed, and it gives an error:

“Failed to load the plugin definition.”

I also tried using the link to the source URL, and it had the same error.

Any suggestions for how to proceed?

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

I think I fixed it.  I had to download the JS file, open it in text editor, and find the text at the bottom that says, “customElements.define("nintex-react-iframe",y)” and change it to a new name, like “simple-react-iframe.”  Then the Add Plugin step worked.

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi @SeeDee,
In fact, I’ve submitted a Form plugin we developed to be displayed in the gallery, as we are Premier Partners. I followed the process by submitting it to Brian Bier, but got no response. I’ve also contacted Dan Stoll, but to no avail.
We have a few ideas about what the next Form plugins we’ll develop, but it’s a shame we cannot share them. Can you help by any chance ?

Userlevel 4
Badge +14

Greetings, members of the community! As a member of the product team at Nintex, I am currently dedicated to NAC forms. My main objective is to gain insights into the adoption of our plugin. Specifically, I'm interested in understanding who is using NAC form plugins and in what ways they are utilizing them. Do you have any specific feedback for improving the capability?

We will be using them soon. 

We did have a need for embeding a video via URL. The only one available at present is for vimeo and youtube. 

We needed to pass sharepoint online library videos (.mp4 files) to form. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

@allan Apologies for your expereince and thank you for sharing this information. Are you abe to please send me a direct message with your Partner detail. I will get someone in touch with you for the plugins. It will be awesome if we can showcase plugins from customers and partners. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

@brandiwoodson You may be able to embed videos via iframe plugin. Try this example - https://help.nintex.com/en-US/formplugins/Examples/CreatePlugin_iframe.htm

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

@PabloL Thanks for the message. I will try and change the example so element name does not reflect ‘nintex’. We reserved some of the prefixes for internal use. I am curious to know which plugin you have created? Thanks

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

@Garrett Did you end up creating the plugin?

Badge

Hi

I have developed a new nintex plugin but I get this error when I try yo upload it:

Any ideas how to solve this error?

Badge

Will we always have to use a plugin to create tables in our forms, or will some sort of data grid be a regularly available element in form designer for NAC in the near future ?

Userlevel 4
Badge +14

I attempted to use the star rating plugin and was disappointed. I had 5 questions and each time you click on any of them it bounces to the top of the page everytime you rate something.

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

@brandiwoodson thanks for letting us know. I will take a look into this.

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

@DArmstrong We have a grid/ visual table control in our active backlog. Not timeline yet though. I would be interested to know if you have any specific use case in mind.

Badge

@SeeDee We have a workflow in NAC that queries a SQL View and we display the results in a table on a task form.  Right now we have to generate that table through a series of string actions in the workflow prior to assigning the task.  It would be better to be able to generate the table within the task form when the task is opened so the data is live.  We can successfully use the external data feature in form designer to run the query, there is just no way to display the results of that query nicely in a form.

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

I recently downloaded the JS-Insert plugin and it seems to have been successfully installed in my tenant, but it is not available on the design palette. This is what I see:

Any explanation for this warning icon and the unavailability of the plugin?