cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Latest Posts

Nintex Classic Form Hyperlink Control doesn't resize?

I'm having difficult with the display of a Hyperlink control on a form during Display Mode. Specifically, it doesn't appear to resize at runtime despite the respective control's attribute set to 'yes'...

In Nintex for SharePoint
  • Posted by michaela
  • | June 18, 2019 01:37
  • Views 707
  • Replies 7

Saving Calculated Control results to SharePoint columns?

On many of my forms, Calculated Controls are used to display informative messages to the end user. For example, once a form has been approved, I might display the following snippet:The Calculated Cont...

In Nintex for SharePoint
  • Posted by michaela
  • | March 14, 2019 03:23
  • Views 291
  • Replies 1

Reasons why userProfileLookup only works for some users?

On a form, I'm trying to display a user's "PreferredName" and "WorkEmail" using the userProfileLookup() function, and for some users it returns nothing (blank) but for others it works.If I create a cu...

In Nintex for SharePoint
  • Posted by michaela
  • | March 12, 2019 00:35
  • Views 620
  • Replies 1

Form Versioning Best Practices?

BackgroundThere's a custom SharePoint list with management of content types enabled, and a Nintex form created for one of the content types. Over time, the list gets populated with many items and ever...

In Nintex for SharePoint
  • Posted by michaela
  • | November 14, 2018 17:53
  • Views 460
  • Replies 0

Elegant UI for ranged number input?

I have a "simple" requirement to allow the user to select between a fixed range of numbers, 0-4, and I'm trying to find an elegant UI for this input because a plain ol' single line of text input just ...

In Nintex for SharePoint
  • Posted by michaela
  • | November 04, 2018 20:21
  • Views 1197
  • Replies 7

Content Type Forms vs List Forms

I'm trying to understand the relationship between forms created for a Content Type, and how that form manifests itself on a List that uses that Content Type.In my specific example, on the Content Type...

In Nintex for SharePoint
  • Posted by michaela
  • | March 13, 2018 01:32
  • Views 1879
  • Replies 12

Displaying Font Awesome Icons during Form Edit and Preview

On a form I'm designing, I'm using a Rich Text control with stacked Font Awesome icons to embellish the approval of a form. The font awesome CSS file is already being included site wide, however, I do...

In Nintex for SharePoint
  • Posted by michaela
  • | December 05, 2017 23:18
  • Views 549
  • Replies 0

Rich Text Control's Minimum Width

In my repeating section, I'm trying to create a header row using Rich Text controls with an appropriate border and styles, but I'm unable to reduce the widthbelow some kind of enforced minimum:Nothing...

In Nintex for SharePoint
  • Posted by michaela
  • | November 19, 2017 20:56
  • Views 427
  • Replies 2

Site Columns Best Practices?

For reusability / consistency, I often find myself creating Site Columns, then adding these to a Content Type. This Content Type is then used in my List(s) with, typically, a Nintex form and workflow ...

In Nintex for SharePoint
  • Posted by michaela
  • | November 14, 2017 16:59
  • Views 817
  • Replies 2

Required field indicators on form labels

When a label is associated with a control whose Validation settings set to Required = Yes, a red asterisk (*) is shown with the label as a visual indicator that this field is required.However, the pos...

In Nintex for SharePoint
  • Posted by michaela
  • | November 08, 2017 16:41
  • Views 3080
  • Replies 4

Mixed formatting with a Calculated Value

By way of example, let's say I have the following three Single Line Text fields on a form:firstNamelastNamejobTitleand my Calculated Value, which is used for previewing purposes, uses the following fo...

In Nintex for SharePoint
  • Posted by michaela
  • | November 08, 2017 14:59
  • Views 1221
  • Replies 2

Wait for Item Update with matching RegEx on Choice field

In Nintex 2016 (v4.2.2.0), the "wait for item update" action does not allow for multiple conditions. I'veread and successfully usedVadim Tabakman's approach (Nintex Workflow - Wait for Item Change) wi...

In Nintex for SharePoint
  • Posted by michaela
  • | November 07, 2017 20:20
  • Views 899
  • Replies 5

How to determine the Approver for Group Assigned Tasks?

I'm assigning a Flexi-Task to a SharePoint Group with the option of "First response applies".Once the task has been responded to (approved or rejected), how can I determine the person who actioned the...

In Nintex for SharePoint
  • Posted by michaela
  • | September 18, 2017 19:02
  • Views 1736
  • Replies 4

Getting User Profile Properties via JavaScript

I'm trying to retrieve a number of properties from a user's profile via JavaScript with the intent to populate fields on a form prior to submission.I tried using the MSDN example using the JavaScript ...

In Nintex for SharePoint
  • Posted by michaela
  • | May 30, 2016 21:07
  • Views 1881
  • Replies 2

Displaying list lookups as a repeating section or other?

List lookup controls (currently) only allow for display as either a drop down list, or option buttons. But I'd like to return the results of a list lookup (filtered on the value of another control) in...

In Nintex for SharePoint
  • Posted by michaela
  • | May 23, 2016 01:01
  • Views 3737
  • Replies 14