cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Where can I find how to write a nintex formula

Hi All

New to nintex form and just testing some exercises.  I noticed that the condition builder incorporates a programming language syntax.  Which language is it?  I will likely need to take a tutorial and before writing some sample formulas for testing.

Also, I cannot find documentation for Nintex product, is there such an animal or is the forums where to go?

Thanks

Labels: (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
tbeduneau
Nintex Newbie

Re: Where can I find how to write a nintex formula

If new to Nintex, maybe you should take a look at Getting Started with Nintex Forms

and for rules syntax samples Show or hide controls with Rules in Nintex Forms

Not applicable

Thanks Thomas

I have the impression that Nintex offers no or very diffused documentation on their product.  Is this correct?

I watched the link to the "Tutorials" but this does not answer the question I asked about; "What programming language is being used in expression builder" and where can I get a copy of the syntax to use in the different possible expressions?

I am finding the Nintex experience to be frustrating.  I watched a video on You Tube and saw the following formula used to validate that a field is a valid email address:

[A-Za-z0-9,_%+-]+@[A-Za-z0-9,_%+-]+\.[A-Za-z]{2-4}

Really? - There is no documentation on how to construct this syntax?

DO I HAVE TO SIFT THROUGH DIFFERENT VIDEOS to get information on how to build a string like this every time i want to use a new expression that I am unfamiliar with the syntax for?  Is this a standardized programming language or proprietary Nintex structure?

Searching on a Nintex question similarly nets poor search results that also links to videos. 

Where can I get the information on the expression builder syntax?

Is there anyone from Nintex that can answer this question?  If yes - provide documentation link please.  If no, just say so.

Thank you

0 Kudos
Automation Master
Automation Master

Good Morning Joseph Chiavarini​ –  The expression in question is a Regular Expression (i.e. RegEx). Nintex uses the Microsoft .NET regular expression syntax so there's a lot of information out there once you know what you're looking for.

Here's some documentation on regular expressions via Nintex and MSDN:

Hope this helps Joseph Chiavarini​ – good luck!

0 Kudos
Not applicable

You can also click the help file in the software and get linked directly to the Help documentation.