cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fccrous
Nintex Newbie

Re: What are the limits for a Assign Flexi Task?

Good day,

I has a simlar issue where I wanted multiple people to acknowledge that theyhave read a document by using the Assign Flexi task.  This helps a lot with the monitoring. I also tried the For Each loop and it ended up waiting for the first Assign Flexi Task action to be complete (which needed the approval) before it could create the next flexi task.

I ended up creating a seperate list.  My first list's workflow would kick off, read all the people into a for each loop (either from a group, another list or manual input) and populate the second list with an individual line per person. The second list will then have a workflow starting on create new item and will then have the Assign flexi task per line item.  This solved this issue for me.

kmccool
Nintex Newbie

Could you run parallel actions and create multiple flex-tasks for smaller groups of users? Then you could delay each additional flexi task by five more minutes than the last ran action to allow the previous 53-100 email to go out before the next grouping is sent out?

If it's the mass of user's causing the problem, this seems like it would make the amount easier to handle. Kind of a domino effect for the emails.

What do you think?

Kassie

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Hi Kassie,

I tried run parallel not little to no success. I works when I send the task to a SharePoint AD group of about 53 people but anything above that kills it. That being said, if I wanted to run parallel I would have to add 100 assign flexi tasks in order to send it out to about 5000 people. I don't think the server can handle the task. I even tried creating this workflow in SPD's workflow designer. It didn't work, but this also told me that this issue is not specific to nintex. I think that the platform cannot support the volume.

Thanks,

Jacob

0 Kudos
fccrous
Nintex Newbie

Hi Jacob,

I tried to explain a possible work around a few steps up but I can elaborate a bit more. My suggestion is to not create a 1000 flexitask but rather create a 1000 single records that each create 1 flexi task.

A - How to do it:

1. I see that you are using AD Groups.  You either have to get the list of names into a list or to automate this you can use the SharePoint webservice GetUserCollectionFromGroup from the Usergroup webservice and read all the names into a collection.

2. I would create a second list (NameList) on the site with AD Accounts and name if you want to and from the collection populate the people into the list.

B - What you need:

1. the second list (NameList) mentioned in point A2

2. a workflow on the second list, that will create the flexi task that is required once a new item is created in the list.

Once the work in B is done you can execute the workflow that populates the second list with AD accounts (or copy the data manually into the second list from excel if you have it in excel - depending on your automation requirement. ) and this will then create a assign flex task action per record which should do away with your block on 53 iterations.

Let me know if you need me to elaborate more.

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Francois,

I haven't had time to fully test your option. I am just replying to make sure people who view this form are updated with what I have tried. I test your option sometime this week and then let you know if I t works or if I have any questions.

Thanks,

Jacob

0 Kudos
Automation Master
Automation Master

Hi , have you come to a solution with this problem?

could you post a resolution and close the question by marking it answered?

#BRGreview

0 Kudos