cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
seid
Nintex Newbie

Using list view in Nintex form to populate controls

Jump to solution

Is it possible to use List View in Nintex form to populate controls? I want to implement this functionality that when a user selects an item in the list view, the system populates a text box with information from the selected record.

Labels: (2)
Tags (1)
23 Replies
seid
Nintex Newbie

Re: Using list view in Nintex form to populate controls

Jump to solution

What I mean is, for example look at this form:

r.PNG

I want when the user selects an item, it'll take the order_number from the list view and populate it in the form control.

0 Kudos
Automation Master
Automation Master

Jump to solution

I think that it is possible by using a calculated value. In the formula of this calculated value, you can use the lookup function to get the order number of the selected item. Then to display the result of the calculated value in your field, look at this :

Re: Using Nintex Form Runtime Lookup Function to populate a textbox

To hide your calculated value, you can use a formatting rule which condition is : true.

Hope this helps

0 Kudos
seid
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

I have tried it however, it doesn't recognize my control's ID. It says its undefined? although I've set it.

0 Kudos
Automation Master
Automation Master

Jump to solution

Can you give me more details ?

Which formula have you populated in the calculated value ?

0 Kudos
seid
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

this is the formula: setmycontrol(lookup("ContractsList", "ID", order_number, "Order_number"))

where contractslist is the list title, ID is the column, order_number is the id value, order_number is the output i want to get from the list.

and this is the JS function: 

function setmycontrol(value)

{

NWF$('#' + myControlID).val(value);

}

0 Kudos
Automation Master
Automation Master

Jump to solution

Have you tried the formula without "setmycontrol" to test if it correctly shows the order number in the calculated value control ?

In the settings of your control "order_number", have you configured the field "Store Client ID in javascript variable" to "Yes" and the field "Client ID Javascript variable name" to "myControlID" in the Advanced section?

0 Kudos
seid
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

yes, now after I did that, it shows and disappears the calculated value. also, the lookup control value resets.

0 Kudos
Automation Master
Automation Master

Jump to solution

It disappears? That's strange.

When it shows something, does it show the expected value in the "order_number" control ?

0 Kudos
seid
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

I run the lookup function without calling the JS script and I get no result, this is the function I used lookup("ContractsList", "ID", order_number, "Order_number") but when I set the order_number value manually it returns a result.  I have ensured that I'm using the same data type as in the list.

0 Kudos