cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Workflow Hero

Users can't publish workflows even with full control

Users are unable to publish workflows. They can create and save them, but when going to publish them they are either getting an error message saying that they don't have permission or they are getting a pop-up continually asking for their credentials. When they cancel out of the pop-up, they are getting a 401 error. When I checked the ULS logs it says that they don't have a windows identity. Claims to windows token service is running just fine. I as a site collection/farm admin am able to publish workflows. I'm sure I'm overlooking something simple, but I can't seem to track it down.

6 Replies
Workflow Hero

Re: Users can't publish workflows even with full control

Hi Amber,

Try going to the Site Settings and clicking on the "Allowed workflow designers" link in the Nintex Workflow section. Make sure the users have the appropriate permissions there and are not excluded. By the default, these permissions inherit from the parent site permissions.

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

I double checked and it is still inheriting. Everyone trying to publish workflows has either Edit or Full Control.

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

Thanks, but I don't think this is the problem. I applied the fix before applying that patch and workflows are now running. Also, I can still publish workflows.

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

These seem to be telling me the same thing. That the approved workflow designers should be inheriting permissions (which it is) and that users must have sufficient privileges (they have full control). The last post didn't seem to have a resolution. I'm still stuck.

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply