cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Not applicable

Site workflow query

Hello Friends,

I have a site workflow requirement for which I would be needing your expert assistance

This is the sample data that I'm using in a Nintex list. My requirement is:

If the Follow up date = equals today, then the site workflow show group the information from Local Name field and send it to relevant Main Dealer.

So based on my requirement, the output should fetch first 2 rows data and send it relevant Main dealer.

Please let me know how this can be done.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
10 Replies
Automation Master
Automation Master

Re: Site workflow query

Schedule your site workflow to run daily, query the list for items where the Follow Up Date = today and store their ID's in a collection.

Use a For Each to iterate through the collection to perform another query to find the Local Name and Main Dealer and store these in separate variables (I'm guessing Main Dealer will be a SP Group or a Person variable) and then send a notification or task as required, all within the For Each.

Capture.PNG

Hope this helps

Not applicable

Ryan Greenaway

Thank you for the valuable suggestion. Yes, you're correct. Dealer name is a people picker field. So would this send a consolidated email of first 2 line items to the user?

0 Kudos
Automation Master
Automation Master

No it wouldn't send a consoidated email, it would still iterate through the items individually.

I can give you a solution for sending them a consolidated email if this is desired.

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Yes, Ryan Greenaway that would be great. Thank you.

0 Kudos
Automation Master
Automation Master

So again, you want to schedule workflow to run daily but this time query the list for Main Dealers and store in collection.

For Each through the collection and in your query this time you want to look for items in your list where the Main Dealer = your main dealer variable and the Follow Up Date = Today. Save the Local Name in a collection and then at the end send an email, you can send a single email to each Main Dealer and your collection contains a list of todays items for that dealer.

Capture.PNG

Please let us know if this helps and mark if correct.

Thanks

Not applicable

Ryan Greenaway Thank you for info. I have tried it but couldn't make it work. Please see the following actions and identify the error:

Step 1: Query the list for the Main Dealer and store that in a collection variable MainDealerColl

Step 2: User the regular expression and convert Today's date to take only the date info and store that in a single line of text FTdate

Step 3: Use For each action with input as MainDealerColl and use Index and store the outcome in a single line of text MainDealerSLOT. Filter criteria are Follow Up date = FTdate and MainDealer = MainDealerSLOT. I'm retrieving Actual Name data and storing it in ActualNameColl

Step 4: I'm using Build String action to get the info from ActualNameColl and storing that in a single line text ActualNameSLOT

Step 5: Using the ActualNameSLOT in the body of email, I'm sending that email to myself

This is the outcome:

1. I'm getting multiple emails which =  number of items in the list

2. Actual Name in the email is blank

3. Of the total items in my list, I have set the Follow Up date to only 1 item which should ideally retrieve me only one item

Could you please look into this?

Not applicable

Any suggestions from anyone?

0 Kudos
burkslm
Nintex Newbie

This would work. You can also save the email address in addition to the ID in the collection to prevent making a roundtrip to the list again. Then you can just send the email notification with each email in the collection.

Not applicable

burkslm

Thank you for the reply. Could you please identify the mistakes in the process that I mentioned above?

0 Kudos