cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Server was unable to process request. ---> Failed to publish

Does anyone know what this means and how to resolve this? I even split the workflow into two but still keep getting this error. Please advise...

Labels: (2)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Reply
6 Replies
Not applicable

Re: Server was unable to process request. ---> Failed to publish

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

Re: Server was unable to process request. ---> Failed to publish

If there is something not right in the workflow, it will not allow you to publish it. Something as simple as a syntax error. You have to go through and see what error is in your workflow. If necessary, you could even disable most and gradually enable actions until you get to the culprit.

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Not applicable

Re: Server was unable to process request. ---> Failed to publish

I ended up splitting the workflow into three different workflow, a, b, c and all of them compiled and published fine. So I believe it is the size of the workflow that was causing the issue. Thank you for the comment.

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

Re: Server was unable to process request. ---> Failed to publish

If my solution helped you, can you please mark it correct. That way this will be a solution users can search on.

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Not applicable

Re: Server was unable to process request. ---> Failed to publish

Lisa,

No it did not help, the workflow did not have any error, I had to reduce the size of Nintex workflow so that it allowed me to compile.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

Re: Server was unable to process request. ---> Failed to publish

I'll toss this little nugget in the mix as well just in case others come across this issue. My team was deploying workflows to thousands of sites using a PowerShell script (that ultimately uses NWAdmin -o DeployWorkflow) when the script just started erroring with this error no matter what we tried.

In our case the fix ended up being a simple IISRESET on the box we were running the script on and the problem was fixed. Granted kind of a different use case - I suspect others may benefit from knowing that sometimes a good `ol fashioned IISRESET can be all that's needed to fix this though.

Cheers!

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply