cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Not applicable

Pause for causing unending pauses.

Jump to solution

I have designed a workflow having state machine and applied pause for 5 minutes before each change state action. But, the pause for goes on forever and workflow remains paused for days. Please give me a solution to this problem.

Labels: (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
mmatsako
Nintex Newbie

Re: Pause for causing unending pauses.

Jump to solution

Hi Ratnesh,

The Safe Looping mechanism is built into the State Machine, which means that as long as you haven't turned it off, you'll already get roughly a 5 minute between each state change.

If you are having issues in general with pausing then it is most likely caused by an issue with the Timer Service, which you can reset.  See this document for more help: Workflows not continuing - Timer Service and Delays

Thanks,

Mike

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Hi Mike,

I tried without "pause for" action as well. The workflow is still hanging at change state action.3

What should be done in this case?

0 Kudos
jackgelo
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Hi,

if Safe Looping is not turned off, every Change State has a hidden pause inside it (to prevent infinite looping), so it could be that your workflow hangs there..

Have you tried to create a SharePoint Designer Workflow with just a pause action to see if the problem is also there? If yes, the problem may be related to the Timer Service, if not it's probably a Nintex problem and the support may be involved (if no one here on the community can help you more)

Giacomo

0 Kudos