cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Workflow Hero

Only "Name" Appearing in Control Settings on Request Data Form

Hello folks:

Strange thing. I've got a Request Data task, and on that task I have a form (e-i-e-i-o).

The form, however, has decided it hates me and when I double click any of the controls on it, it only gives me the "Name" field:

Here are some things I've tried:

- Exporting & Importing the XML didn't work.

- Different computers (just in case...)

- Double clicking the control AND clicking the control settings button

- Tried in both Desktop & Mobile

- Re-adding the SharePoint connected items does not work, displays the same as above (but without the "this is a linked control", of course)

Of note: 

- Adding a fresh, new, unconnected field gives me the normal control options... but there are a lot of things on this form and I'd rather they just worked again. edit: while this gives me all the options, it does not let me save the field. oy.

- Form version 2.9.0.0

- Workflow version 3.2.3.2

- It was all working peachily a month or so ago.

Thoughts?

7 Replies
Workflow Hero

Re: Only "Name" Appearing in Control Settings on Request Data Form

Hi Rhia,

strange, it should show you a lot more properties. 2.9.0.0 is a pretty old version though (Jan 16). I'd suggest you update to 2.10.1.0 first and check if the error still persists.

Best regards

Enrico

Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

Hi Rhia,

probably you've already checked it but..do you have any javascript error while building the form?

I've seen something similar some times ago but I've supposed it was my laptop because other people could edit the form without issues.. unfortunately I cannot connect right now to that environment to check which version is installed..

Giacomo

Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

any upgrades/patches recently?

just like Giacomo Gelosi‌ I'd suggest to run designer with developer console open to see whether any errors are reported.

I experienced just the same symptoms when I ran into compatibility issues between form and workflow versions.

see this  

Accept as Solution Reply
Not applicable

Hey everybody,

Thanks for your comments and suggestions. Great to see a post like this filled with comments when I check back to provide an update.

I worked with Rhia on this issue and we did in fact find JavaScript errors in the Developer tools console. The error found was "NW$ is undefined". The reason for the failure I suspect is a large gap in version difference between workflow and forms. I've recommended an upgrade of Nintex Forms to the latest build to resolve the issue.

Cheers,

Andrew Beals

Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

Thanks for your help on this ‌ and good to see you in here!  

We are upgrading Nintex Forms tomorrow night, so I will provide an update then to see what happens.

Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

This did the trick. Thanks again,

Accept as Solution Reply
Not applicable

Woot - nailed it!

Accept as Solution Reply