cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Not applicable

Nintex form to enable specific view only for specific persons or groups

Requirement:

I want to create a nintex form that will show the user only the fields where they need to enter data.  However if an administrator or other named group wants to add a new item or edit an existing item, i want them to see all possible fields.

Solution:

Place all the control for an Admin into a Panel control.  Then, open the configuration of the Panel control and in the Appearance section, click on the drop down for Visible.  You should see an option for Yes, No and Expression.

Choose expression and then click on the Inline Functions tab.  You'll find a function called IsMemberOfGroup.  You can use this like:

fn-IsMemberOfGroup('Administrators')

So what this means, is that the selected control will only be visible if the current user of a member of the Administrators group.

Labels: (1)
11 Replies
Workflow Hero

Re: Nintex form to enable specific view only for specific persons or groups

Also, is it possible to allow everyone to see the controls, but only enable the controls for a specific SharePoint group?

when I open the control settings for the PANEL, I only see "visible" options. I do not see enable options.

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

I figured it out. You have to set the expression on each individual control. This option is not available if you use the panel.

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

I thought there was some kind of limit on the number of rules on a form? As in, if there are too many they won't all work?

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

Thank you, exactly what I was looking for!

Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

Enabled = false means that the value is null on saving the form, so you will loose information if there is any.

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

Hi together,

but the columns disabled within the form can be changed anymore using the quick edit, isn't it?

BTW, is there a way to set column permissions dependent on the content of a specific field as well as the user working within the item (e.g. with JavaScipt,...)?

For example: The column "Department" with content "Marketing" may only be writable for user of the SharePoint Group "Marketing"

Any ideas would be great.

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

yes, it still can be changed with quick edit. but you can disable quick edit in list settings.

you can only set permissions for whole item, not for a specific column/field.

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

If i have tab form , some of these tabs can edit by who create the form only ,

how i can do this ?!?!

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

one of ideas you can find here  

if that doesn't help, please new question.

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply