cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Workflow Hero

Issue with Task List using Nintex Forms displaying HTML tags in Task Description

I'm running into an issue with a SharePoint Task form that has been converted to a Nintex form.  In browsers other than Internet Explorer, we have issues with HTML tags displaying inside the Task Description field when opening the task to edit it.  Also the Rich Text formatting tool bar only displays in IE.  The latest versions of Edge, Firefox, Chrome, and Safari all show this issue.

I have a case open with Nintex Tech Support but they cannot reproduce the issue, so they are not interested in investigating further.  I've confirmed that we do not have any Group Policies applied that would effect browser settings.  I've also tested in a non-domain joined VM and have the issue.  It happens both in Windows and Mac computers.

I've attached a screenshot of a form with the issue with the html tags highlighted. Has anyone else run into this issue? 

Thanks,

Lee

Labels: (2)
9 Replies
Workflow Hero

Re: Issue with Task List using Nintex Forms displaying HTML tags in Task Description

how/where do you get content of that description field from?

it looks like font tags are not correctly paired - 2 open tags then 2 closing tags.

IE likely ignores it but the other browsers not.

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

Re: Issue with Task List using Nintex Forms displaying HTML tags in Task Description

When we originally noticed the issue, it was added via a nintex workflow.  I have the description set to a combination of static texts with some inserted references from list fields.

After further testing, we can reproduce the issue simply by creating a new task and typing text into the description field manually.  After typing a couple sentences, I was seeing &NBSP entities in the description.  The HTML tags/entities only show on the edit form.  The display form looks as it should.

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

have you tried to examine HTML behind whether it is created correctly or not?

but if you have a reproducible testcase it seems to be a bug, so you might want to report it to

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

Looks like the issue can occur even without any spaces in the text.  A task I created manually yesterday with the description containing the word "Test" is now displaying enclosed with div tags inside the text box in Chrome and Firefox.  IE displays as it should.

I've looked through the HTML in IE and Chrome Dev tools and the code within the text area looks more or less the same.

IE HTML

<textarea name="ctl00$ctl33$g_8e9cf411_b97c_469a_9bf0_163c46bd49a3$ctl00$ListForm2$formFiller$FormView$ctl06$ctl01$ctl03$63a70c70_aaab_4863_ad0e_f3d2c29d8d3e" class=" ms-spellcheck-true nf-richtext nf-richtextV3 nf-associated-control" id="ctl00_ctl33_g_8e9cf411_b97c_469a_9bf0_163c46bd49a3_ctl00_ListForm2_formFiller_FormView_ctl06_ctl01_ctl03_63a70c70_aaab_4863_ad0e_f3d2c29d8d3e" style="display: none; box-sizing: border-box;" rows="2" cols="20" formcontrolid="0d635f17-c2c2-46bd-a148-780bb5fe1a43">&lt;div&gt;Test&lt;/div&gt;</textarea>

Chrome HTML

<textarea name="ctl00$ctl33$g_8e9cf411_b97c_469a_9bf0_163c46bd49a3$ctl00$ListForm2$formFiller$FormView$ctl06$ctl01$ctl03$9d63e35a_8561_4da1_89e9_ebf2ad66498a" rows="2" cols="20" id="ctl00_ctl33_g_8e9cf411_b97c_469a_9bf0_163c46bd49a3_ctl00_ListForm2_formFiller_FormView_ctl06_ctl01_ctl03_9d63e35a_8561_4da1_89e9_ebf2ad66498a" class=" ms-spellcheck-true nf-richtext nf-richtextV3 nf-associated-control" style="box-sizing:border-box;" formcontrolid="0d635f17-c2c2-46bd-a148-780bb5fe1a43">&lt;div&gt;Test&lt;/div&gt;</textarea>

I'm not actually adding any HTML or formatting to the description, I literally just typed in the word "Test" and saved the task.  I still have a case open with Nintex Tech support on this issue.  They were unable to reproduce the issue in house and have been unresponsive since.  That's when I came to the forums.

Thanks!

Lee

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

looking on the code it looks like reach text editor is not supported for responsive form on any browser except of IE.

however, I can not find any official mention on that....

therefore you see all the formatting tags being dispayed in FF, chrome, etc. and reach text toolbar not being displayed.

Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

Thanks for the input Marian, that makes sense.  I'll inquire with the Nintex support tech to see if they can confirm this.

Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

ok, let us all know then

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

Hi Marian,

I just got word back from support saying that they could reproduce the issue.  Seems like a bug.

Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

We have similar issue where many plain text field multi-line comment fields include   in them.  They show up in the list views and read mode, but when form is in edit mode, they just show up as spaces

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply