cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sburkecit
Nintex Newbie

Is it possible to create a site collection under a different web application?

We have a Site Request form and depending on the answers to the form, the site would be created in a different Web Application from where the Site Request form is.  I also don't see any option for creating the Site Collection in a different Content Database.

Are these possible with on premise install of Nintex Workflow 2013?  If we could at least call a Powershell script and pass the parameters to it, that would work too.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Automation Master
Automation Master

Re: Is it possible to create a site collection under a different web application?

Hi Sean,

unfortunately there are no good working PowerShell actions for free available (if you got one, please let me know!)

But maybe you can use the administration web service to create a site via workflow? Haven't tried it myself, but sounds quite promising.

Regards

Philipp

0 Kudos
ddean
Nintex Newbie

Re: Is it possible to create a site collection under a different web application?

Automation Master
Automation Master

I know this action, tried it out but I couldn't get it running. Additionally this action requires some server settings which aren't always applicable, especially when designing a solution for a customer.