cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Not applicable

Is it possible to Combine existing SharePoint 2013 objects with Nintex objects

Jump to solution

Since this is the first time that I am looking at Nintex, I have the following questions about combining Nintex objects with SharePoint 2013 objects:

1. Can I merge Nintex workflow with sharepoint 2013 workflow or do the workflows need to be completely separate? If they can be merged together, can you tell me how to merge the workflows together?

2. Can I merge Nintex 2013 forms with InfoPath 2013 custom list forms or do the forms need to be completely separate? If the forms can be merged, can you tell me how they can be merged?

3. Can an InfoPath 2013 custom list form work with a Nintex workflow? if so, would you show me how?

4. Can a Nintext workflow be exported to Visio 2013 and then be imported back to the Nintext workflow?

Labels: (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Is it possible to Combine existing SharePoint 2013 objects with Nintex objects

Jump to solution

Okay... so your question scares me...LOL..Why would you even want to do those mergers?    Nintex is so cool all on its own.

1. Nintex to SPD workflow or vice versa? I have not see success with this effort and have tried.  They both output XML, but I have not been able to make it work.
  2. Merge Nintex and InfoPath forms on a custom list?  No.  They are seperate and again both generate XML, but are not built on the same platform. 
  3. InfoPath custom list work with Nintex Workflow? Yes, you can setup an InfoPath form and have the list still make use of a Nintex Workflow.  You could also use an InfoPath start form in a Nintex workflow as well.
  4. Nintex Export to VS and back?  I personally haven't tried that and don't think you can do that with NIntex OOTB.  I'm sure you could open the exported .nwf file in any editing program of your choice, but not like an SPD file.

If I am wrong about any of the above, someone please correct me.  However, as I started, what is causing you to go in that direction to try and mix these tools and products?  They each meet specific needs, but they all produce and can play well together in some capacity.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Re: Is it possible to Combine existing SharePoint 2013 objects with Nintex objects

Jump to solution

Thanks Eric. I too am trying to use InfoPath forms with Nintex. My reason is that we don't have Nintex Forms as part of our tools. Can you point me to an example of how to use an InfoPath start form in a Nintex Workflow? THX

0 Kudos
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

Scott,

This is a default functionality of Nintex Workflow.  There is a tab in the Workflow settings that allows you to choose which type of form you want to use.  You should see something with InfoPath which you can select and customize as you need. 

The other thing to note is that you can always design your InfoPath form as you need it and have the workflow start when an item is created or modified.  This will allow Nintex to still run in the background even though you are using InfoPath as the form option.

Hope that helps.

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Thank you Eric. Unfortunately that tab is inactive on our system. Nintex presented a fix however it would require deactivating then re-activating Nintex on the site collection. Since that would stop all currently running workflows that's not going to happen anytime soon. If anyone knows how to use an InfoPath form in a Nintex Workflow another way I'd greatly appreciate the help.

I'm currently using your second solution, and this will work for some of my workflows, but I'd really like to use InfoPath forms to present information to the user inside a workflow for some of my other solutions.

0 Kudos