cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Not applicable

Installation in a SharePoint Standalone environment (SQL Express)

If you are have a standalone SharePoint install which is only locked down to one SQL instance, then you’ll need to install another instance of SQL Express as Nintex Workflow won’t be able to share that same instance.

Once you have done this, when configuring Nintex Workflow, you’ll need to point it’s Database setup page to new SQL Express instance.

Labels: (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
fhunth
Nintex Newbie

Re: Installation in a SharePoint Standalone environment (SQL Express)

Have  you solved it?

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Re: Installation in a SharePoint Standalone environment (SQL Express)

Hi Laura,

the reason I am replying here is that this thread is a somewhat related to the question I have regarding the relationship between NW and SharePoint SQL Server instances.

I read the NW-DatabaseDesign.pdf document, and it seems to me that the example screenshots show that the SharePoint Content DBs and Nintex Workflow Content DBs are installed in the same SQL Server instance. In my organization I have been tasked to find the answer to the following question: What is the Nintex recommended approach when installing Nintex Workflow / Forms: to create a new SQL Server Instance for our Nintex Workflow / Forms, in addition to our existing SharePoint SQL Server instance? Or perhaps install the Nintex DBs in the same instance used by our SharePoint DBs?

We have a medium size farm (4 sp servers, 2 sql nodes) with 5k users.

Any help on this issue will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Agron

0 Kudos