cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

I want to create a Reminder workflow prior 60 days and then 2 weeks to due date using SharePoint 2010 Nintex workflow.

Hello everyone

I am new to workflows and get the above task from one of my users . please help me to complete the task if possible in step by step.

Labels: (2)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
Not applicable

Re: I want to create a Reminder workflow prior 60 days and then 2 weeks to due date using SharePoint 2010 Nintex workflow.

the workflow i need to attached on multiple list containing similar kind of data.Guys please help....

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Re: I want to create a Reminder workflow prior 60 days and then 2 weeks to due date using SharePoint 2010 Nintex workflow.

You've likely already tried Reminders in Assign Flexi Task and discovered the limitations. I often build reminder functions for specific use cases.

You've got a few routes you can take to get this done:

• One approach concerns setting up a parallel branch within a workflow, that includes a date calc, then pauses to that date, and then triggers an action.
    • If you go with this approach remember that all branches of Parallel actions need to complete before the workflow will proceed.
  • If you've got a workflow built that you want to re-use you can simply start the workflow after the Pause Until is executed or schedule the Start Workflow for your reminder date.
    • Another option, if you want to avoid the parallel branches completing is to start the workflow and pass the data and other data from the first workflow to the second.
  • I'm assuming though that you've got a date and time column that you can drive this calculation from. If so, then you use Calculate Date and add 60 days/14 days.

One thing to note. If you're trying to do this across multiple lists you could look at either copying the reminder workflow on to multiple lists OR using a Site Workflow. However, Site workflows come with limitations, and may be tricky to implement for your use case.

I don't know all the details given the description of your scenario, but my hunch is multiple list workflows is the way to go.

If this answer didn't get at what you needed give us a bit more detail. I guess what I'm getting at is, you've basically said you want a reminder to kick off 60 days prior to a day and then 14 days. I'm making assumptions with this answer.

0 Kudos
damien_l
Nintex Newbie

Hi, here is the solution I use regularly to manage alerts on my applications Nintex :

• I have a list called Settings Alerts with fields :
    • Target : single txt (uses to get this alert settings)
    • Interval : txt (example : 60;30;15;0)
    • Alert message : txt multi (send this notification to the user)
    • Alert message escalation (send this notification for my interval "0" )
  • My site workflow (scheduled every morning) :
    • 00.png

1. Get intervals of the alert that you want :

01.png

2. Split your intervals :

02.png

3. Make a foreach action on each interval :

03.png

4. Foreach interval i calculate the date alert for query the concerned data :

04.png

5. Query your list to get item concerned by the alert (I have a custom field on my item called End Alert) :

05.png

6. Now you have a collection of IDs for the current alert interval (60 or 30 or 15 or 0) and you can make your custom logic in a foreach action : from an ID get item property (created by...) and send a notification or something else

06.png

So you can inspire you this logic to create more alerts x days before the due date of a task and send the notification to the Assigned To field.

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Hi Carmien,

Thanks for the help.

My exact requirement is like below . You can check in the below screenshot  that there are two date related fields 1. next review date and 2. review begin date(calculated column).

user  has to enter value in the next review date field and review begin date will get a value automatically  2 months prior to that. ex.

if somebody enters a next review date  4\21\2016 than review begin date will get value 2\22\2016(60 days difference). and our workflow should start sending reminder mail prior 1 week of review begin date(2/15/2016) and should start sending it on a weekly basis (15,22,29 and so on ) until the document status is not  completed by owner or next review date has been changed. please provide me the steps in a picture and  if possible as i have no idea of workflow.

0 Kudos
Not applicable

i want to use that workflow in multiple libraries(u can check on the left hand side of the screen shot).

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Hi Damien,

Thank you very much for your time and input.

I cannot create a new list on the production server so i need to create a workflow on the existing libraries without creating new list or liabrary.

It will be very helpful if you can provide me the solution under the mentioned condition.

thanks once again in advance.

0 Kudos
damien_l
Nintex Newbie

I can make you an example during the week of course.

If you cannot create a settings list, just create a site workflow (scheduled every morning) and put settings directly in a variable : alertIntervals = 60;10;0;

If I'm not clear, send me an email, I will send you an example.

0 Kudos