cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Not applicable

How to do Long Term Delegation with Nintex Workflow for pending tasks

How to do Long Term Delegation  with Nintex Workflow for pending tasks.

I know it will work for newly created tasks.

Labels: (2)
0 Kudos
8 Replies
Not applicable

Re: How to do Long Term Delegation with Nintex Workflow for pending tasks

Hi SivaKumar,

You can achieve this using below method.

1. Click the drop down (logon information) on top right corner,

2. Nintex Workflow 2010 > Task Delegation

3. Click the time period of task to be delegation and from whom to whom the task need to be delegation.

Else you can use NWAdmin operation to delegate the pending task.

Thanks

Arun

Not applicable

Re: How to do Long Term Delegation  with Nintex Workflow for pending tasks

Thanks Arun for the quick response. Correct me if I'm wrong.

By navigation to Nintex Workflow 2010 > Task Delegation I hope only newly created tasks can be delegated.

Can you elaborate more how to do with NWAdmin operation to delegate the pending task?

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Hi Sivakumar,

Find below NWAdmin to delegate the task

1. 1.     Delegate all tasks from one user to another using “NWAdmin” operation.

This operation is used reassign all tasks from one user to another. It can be scoped to a single site, or the entire environment. Note that tasks can only be delegated to individual users, not groups.

Note that this operation uses the Nintex Workflow web service, and requires credentials to connect to the web service.

1. NWAdmin.exe -o DelegateAllTasks –currentUser domain\username -newUser domain\username [-siteUrl urlToASharePoitnSite] [-comments comments] [-sendNotification] [ -username username] [-password password] [-domain domain]

Parameters

Name

Description

-currentUser

The domain\username of the user whose tasks will be reassigned.

-newUser

The domain\username of the user who the tasks will be assigned to.

-siteUrl

A URL to a SharePoint site containing tasks to delegate. If this parameter is not provided, tasks in the whole environment will be delegated.

-comments

Optionally add any comments to explain the delegation.

-sendNotification

Provide this parameter to send a notification to the new assignee informing them that the task is now assigned to them.

-username

A valid SharePoint user’s username. If no siteUrl is specified, the user must be a farm administrator. If a siteUrl is specified, the user must be an administrator of the site. If no username is provided, the credentials of the user running the command will be used.

-password

A valid password for –username

-domain

A valid domain for –username

Not applicable

Re: How to do Long Term Delegation  with Nintex Workflow for pending tasks

Sounds good.

But I'm playing with real world applications. So it is not recommended to go and run commands against server. It should be fixed solutions to be supported to all users and all scenarios. So NWAdmin won't be a solution to me at this point.

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Hi Sivakumar

I'm not exactly sure what you mean with "Long term delegation" for existing tasks (existing tasks can be delegated, but this is a "forever delegation"... ).

I think you should be able to achieve this with the Nintex webservices (http://yourserver/_vti_bin/NintexWorkflow/Workflow.asmx) with the DelegateAllTasks Action.

According to the SDK this method expects the current and the delegation user, a comment, a boolean value for 'send notification' and the site url (which can be empty for globally).

You could add this to a list where the users can add the current and the delegation user and after an approval, all tasks will be delegated.

Regards,

Martin

Not applicable

Hi Arun,

How do I do the same on Sharepoint 2013 and NWF2013 ? I do not see that dropdown

Nintex Workflow 2010 > Task Delegation

Thnanks

glenda
Nintex Newbie

Diego Galeano,

You can find it if you click your name >> Nintex Workflow 2013 >> Task Delegation. It is not through the gear icon .

Be aware the setting is not visible on sites where Nintex is not activated.

task delegation.png

Glenda

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Hi Glenda

In 2007 workflows "Site administrators can set delegation settings for a user other than themselves" for a specific period through "Task Delegation", do you know if this option exists in 2013?

Thanks

Youssef

0 Kudos