cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How can I make an email go out if a status bar has not been set to "complete" after a week?

Jump to solution

I have a nintex workflow that waits until a task's status has been changed to "Completed" before it finishes the workflow. However, I have been asked to add an action so that if the status has NOT been changed within a certain time period it will send out an alert. How can I add this in? I tried using the "Assign Flexi Task" action because it has a reminder command but I couldn't figure out a path for the task to follow.

Labels: (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Workflow Hero

Re: How can I make an email go out if a status bar has not been set to "complete" after a week?

Jump to solution

I would insert a run parallel actions task. One side includes your logic with "wait until the status has been changed to completed".

The second part includes a wait for x-days action. After the waiting period of your choice you check the status of the task. If it's completed, the workflow will just finish silently. If it's not completed, the workflow sends a notification to the task owner or does whatever escalation method you prefer.

Does this work for you?

10-02-_2015_10-11-36.png

0 Kudos
Workflow Hero

Re: How can I make an email go out if a status bar has not been set to "complete" after a week?

Jump to solution

Hi Caprice,

If you are using Flexi task, then you can use the Reminder as in the screen shot below:

example.jpg

Once you have this, in the body of the email, click on Insert Reference and select Approval URL from common tab. Hope this helps.