I have used "Query User Profile" action in Nintex Workflow 2013 version (220.127.116.11),using this action I am trying to get the Manger name from current logged in user's user profile and its working perfect as it should.
Afterwords I upgraded my Nintex Workflow 2013(18.104.22.168) version to 22.214.171.124,while checking my workflow after up-gradation I found action "Query User Profile" cause issue.When I tried to log the issue I found "Error querying user profile. Object reference not set to an instance of an object." message in logs.
When in another machine with older version (126.96.36.199) I again checked the same,but it's working as perfect as it was.
Can anybody please help me on this also it's urgent.
This is a defect that has been identified and has already been addressed in the next release of Nintex Workflow. The next release should be due shortly so keep an eye out for that!
When can we expect to see the next release of Nintex Workflow? This is causing quite a few problems for us.
When this type of thing happens, do you ever pull the download and replace it with the most recent stable version? Or maybe include a warning on the download page that this release has a known bug?
If you are currently being affected by this issue, please contact support and we will assist you with this further.
could you please explain whether addressed is meant just for "Query User Profile" action or generally for "Object reference not set to an instance of an object." error?
see following thread https://community.nintex.com/message/15679#15679
The error "Object reference not set to an instance of an object." is a very common error which is usually a reference to a "Null reference exception" NullReferenceException Class (System). This error is very generic and not unique to the problem we are seeing.
The following stack overflow thread explains what this error means in more detail:
In Nintex Workflow 2013 188.8.131.52, the "Query user profile" action appears to require valid user credentials and a password in the "Advanced" section of it. Without the credentials it's not able to perform the query because it somehow fails to use the currently logged in SharePoint user's permissions for the query (even though it should work). It appears that the failure of the workflow "Query user profile" action to use the currently logged in user is related to, or is, the bug. It shouldn't need user credentials to perform the query. If for some reason you can't update to Nintex workflow 184.108.40.206, as a temporary workaround you can make sure any user queries have valid user credentials (i.e. DOMAIN\username, password).
The Nintex Workflow 2013 v. 220.127.116.11 released 5/27/2015 is said to fix the issue (Nintex Workflow 2013 - Release Notes ).