cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Edit Start Form button not working

Jump to solution

I am following the directions in the article Designing a Nintex Workflow Start Form.  When I follow the instruction for "select the Edit Start Form drop down..." nothing happens.  The Nintex form editor does not open up.  What am I doing wrong?  Thank you.

8-25-2014 4-26-41 PM.bmp

Labels: (2)
Tags (1)
16 Replies
Not applicable

Re: Edit Start Form button not working

Jump to solution

Hi Lee, when you click on "edit with Nintex Forms" does another dialog open?

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Jump to solution

When I click on "Edit with Nintex Forms" I see a glimpse of the rectangular Nintex box that says "Please wait..." but that lasts for only a fraction of a second and then it disappears as if I'd never clicked anything.  I am using IE10.  I've tried IE7 and IE9 compatibility mode.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

Hi Lee,

Can you please disable the Nintex Forms for Nintex Workflow feature at the Site Collection Level, and then reactivate the Nintex Forms for Nintex Workflow feature and then test the ability to create a Nintex Task form again?

Thank you.

Not applicable

Jump to solution

I disabled the Nintex Forms for Nintex Workflow feature at the Site Collection Level, and then reactivated the Nintex Forms for Nintex Workflow feature.  Now when I click on Edit Start Form, the Nintex Forms Designer opens as it should.

Thank you for the advice.

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Thank you, this worked for me as well. I was also getting error when I would try to start a workflow that had a Nintex start form and this solved that as well.

0 Kudos
Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

I ran into the same problem in a site collection. Disabling and re-enabling the "Nintex Forms for Nintex Workflow" Feature fixed it for me as well. Thanks!

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Jump to solution

We had the same issue while restoring the site from QA to Prod. The fix does work.

Thanks !

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Jump to solution

I had a similar issue with the "Open with InfoPath 2010" link behaving the same way.  A similar fix (disabling and then re-enabling the "Nintex Workflow 2010 InfoPath Forms" feature at the site collection level) made it all better for me as well.

0 Kudos
Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

Updated: 5-17-2016:

You may test this after restoring to a test environment: For older Nintex versions than those released in April 2016, before doing this disable/re-enable of the feature, you may consider fully backing up (e.g. use the Export feature) ALL of your workflows in the entire site collection. Any Nintex Workflows that contain Nintex Forms at the Start or in actions such as Flexi-Tasks may lose the forms. I found that just an "Export" backup of the Nintex workflows themselves should be adequate (no need to back up each form within the workflow since this XML is contained in the entire workflow XML). Once you turn the setting back on, you can Import each workflow (the XML files) and verify that the forms appear correctly.

Related thread: I can't edit Flexi task form - Nintex forms 2013

0 Kudos