cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Workflow Hero

Dynamically setting the page width and height

Hi All,

I have multiple panels in my form and depending upon the value of certain flag column I am hiding and showing the panels.I also want to change the height and width of the form dynamically. I tried using JavaScript but its not working

Labels: (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Workflow Hero

Re: Dynamically setting the page width and height

Hi Aditya,

can you maybe share your JS code so we can start inspecting what might be the problem?

Cheers

Philipp

Accept as Solution Reply
Not applicable

If you have the Nintex form coming up on a modal dialog, then the call that opens the dialog is passed a fixed size and width. I'm not saying it's impossible to resize the form on the fly afterwards but-

1. You'll be bending Sharepoint (at least if you are using 2010) in ways it wasn't expecting to be bent.
  2. I'm not sure how Nintex will react (if it will react) to the form size changing.

So, you're off on an adventure ;-)

A quick look in Firebug indicates that this element-

<div class="nf-outer ms-formbody  " ...></div>

appears to form the outer boundary of the form. Resizing it (manually) has some effect, increasing the height moves the tracking data at the bottom of the edit form (the created by info etc.) down, but reducing the width has no effect, so presumably it's "wrapping" the form elements, so the form fields set the min width.

Presumably it would be possible to build your own layout engine to re-lay out the form fields on demand, but that's not a small task.

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

I'm in Nintex O365 Forms, but I have accomplished this by making the last panel hit the bottom of my form. Then the bottom is self adjusting as panels are hidden or visible.

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply