Highlighted
Not applicable

Conditional start on modified = yes; and run if condition not working together

Hi,

I have a workflow that that starts when a list item is modified:

workflow setting 2-19-2015 9-31-43 AM.png

And a Run If action that looks like this:

runif 2-19-2015 9-33-29 AM.png

The workflow is ignoring the Run If conditions and just running any time the item is modified.  Any ideas why the Run If conditions are being ignored?  I've tried putting the conditions in the workflow settings and not using a run if, but that doesn't work either.  Hmmmmm. Any ideas?

Labels: (1)
0 Kudos
15 Replies
burkslm
Nintex Newbie

Re: Conditional start on modified = yes; and run if condition not working together

Should it be an 'Or' instead of an 'And'. I know sometimes I get them confused.

0 Kudos
burkslm
Nintex Newbie

Re: Conditional start on modified = yes; and run if condition not working together

Before your Run If, put a 'Log History' action and put the values of the fields you are testing. This way you can find out if it which value is not right.

0 Kudos
Not applicable

But, what if I want both conditions to be met?

0 Kudos
Not applicable

This isn't working either and I'm not quite sure why. shouldn't this pause the workflow until the Fix Due Date equals the Current Date (workflow context)?

pause until 2-19-2015 10-48-30 AM.png

0 Kudos
mmatsako
Nintex Newbie

I like Lisa's suggestion of logging the values to make sure they are what you expect.  It might be looking for a "Lookup ID" rather than a value you are comparing it against.

Also You might want to add a "Pause" action as the very first action in the workflow, just in case this is a timing issue (perhaps the values in the list aren't ready when the action is executing) or something else, so this just might fix it.

0 Kudos
Not applicable

This is why the Pause Until (above) isn't working.  This came from the workflow history log. Instead of it picking up the Workflow Context "Current Date", it's pausing until 1/1/0001.  Hmmmmm. But when I display the "Current Date" in the email notification, it has today's date in it.

pause until 2-19-2015 10-59-57 AM.png

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Added the log in history thing.  I don't think the "Pause" at the beginning is the issue.  the Fix Due Date actually gets assigned in an earlier workflow than the one that is called "Ready For Build" where I'm having all these issues. But thanks for the suggestion. I'm using that in other workflows.

0 Kudos
mmatsako
Nintex Newbie

I'm pretty sure it's because your Lookup is failing to return a valid match within your Pause Until configuration.

Basically your logic is saying:  Give me the Fixed Due Date when the Fixed Due Date is equal to the Current Date.   If this was the logic you were looking for, couldn't you just use "Current Date" instead of a lookup?   I'm thinking you meant for something else.

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Hi.  It pretty much has to be Pause Until the Fix Due Date equals the Current Date (workflow context). I don't want to break the workflow until the Fix Due Date has passed. Actually I'd like it to Pause Until the Fix Due Date is < to the Current Date (workflow context), but that's not an option. 

It relates to this thread:  Re: How to end a "wait for item update" if the condition you're waiting for never occurs

This is kind of a weird situation related to two parallel actions where one of them is a "Wait for Item Update" and the other is "Pause Until".  This is what the workflow looks like.

ready for build 2-19-2015 12-38-40 PM.png

0 Kudos