Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Palim
Nintex Newbie

Button validation based on SP group and Sp column value

Hi all,

I´m struggling since hours to implement a requirement in a Nintex form:

The goal is to show or hide the save button based on a group membership within a multi step  approval workflow. 

E.g:

The "creater" group should see the save button, if they create a request. If they have created the request and saved, the "Approver" group should check the formular, but in this  time the create group should not be able to change the formular and therefor I want to hide the save button.

This is what I have implemented at the save buttons as an expression:

fn-IsMemberOfGroup("Creater") && Is New Mode or  fn-IsMemberOfGroup("Approver") && CurrentResponsibleSharePointGroup == Approver

It seems, that even the first part does not work and I don´t know why. Any ideas?

Labels: (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Automation Master
Automation Master

Re: Button validation based on SP group and Sp column value

@Palim ....try this logic or(and(c1, c2), and(c1, c2)).

In first "and" condition check if the form is in edit mode and current user is in Creater group.

In second "and" condition check if the form is in new mode and current user is in Approver group.

Use this formula in formatting rule on the submit button and disable the button.

Or else, you can create the custom permission level in SharePoint which will allow only to create new item & view item and grant it to Creater group.

0 Kudos
Palim
Nintex Newbie

Hi @kunalpatel1029

thanks for your support.

If I impelment your logic ("or(and(c1, c2), and(c1, c2))")  it looks like this, but still dosent work:

or not(and(fn-IsMemberOfGroup("Creater"), Is New Mode), and((fn-IsMemberOfGroup("Approver"), CurrentResponsibleSharePointGroup==Approver))

Do you mabybe know why?

0 Kudos
Automation Master
Automation Master

@Palim .....Copy the below formula in red and put it in calculated control and check the results. I've tested on my end and it's giving me true when the form is in edit mode and it's giving me false when I open the form in new mode or display mode. I'm in the Approver group.

"or(and(fn-IsMemberOfGroup("Approver"), Is Edit Mode), and(fn-IsMemberOfGroup("Creater"), Is New Mode))"

Also, put button in a panel and apply rule on the panel and not on the button.

0 Kudos