AlMart
Novice

When Name and Date added on Attendance list (List 1), update Date column on Directory list (List 2)

I created a Workshop Attendance list that has Name and Date columns (List 1). I also have a company directory list (List 2) with a Workshop Date column. I would like the Workshop Date column in the company directory to update whenever that person's name is added to the Attendance list.

I  have been going around in circles for hours and can't seem to build the correct Nintex Workflow 2010 for List 1 to update the appropriate column in List 2. Would this work with the Update Item workflow action? Does the Workshop Date column in the company directory need to be a lookup column in order to populate with the date from the Attendance list? Do I need to set variables?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
gman
Scout

Re: When Name and Date added on Attendance list (List 1), update Date column on Directory list (List

AlMart, If I understand you correctly, you want the date a persons name is entered into the Attendance list (List 1). This is the list that needs to trigger the change to List 2. Create your workflow in List 1 and set it to start when items are created OR modified (assuming person date can be changed later). 

In the workflow, capture the Created Date of the new item into a Date variable (ex: dateToday).

You'll need to Query List 2 for the person's name and capture the item ID into a List Item variable (ex: itemID). Then use the Update Item action to modify the List 2 item (in itemID) and set its Workshop Date field to the date in the dateToday variable.

Hope this helps,

Gman

0 Kudos