NJohann
Apprentice

Looking Up Name or Email from User ID

I have a unique user ID I'm pulling into SharePoint via an Alteryx query. My list item in SharePoint that it's populating is formatted as a Single line of text. I need to look up either the Name and/or Email of that user but every solution I find needs the list item to have a People or Group format. SharePoint won't let me put the user ID in my list with that format. I found a potential solution using LDAP but my Nintex App in SharePoint didn't have that as an available Action. HELP! I'm stuck 😞

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
SteveJonasson
Scholar

Re: Looking Up Name or Email from User ID

Hello NJohann,

this could help you to figure out your problem - If I understood your problem.

See the attachment.

Steo

0 Kudos
NJohann
Apprentice

@SteveJonasson Thank you but I don't know that this will do the trick. I don't have the user name or email in my list to look up to...unless I'm not understanding how this works?

0 Kudos
SteveJonasson
Scholar

@NJohann You have a user ID saved as item list. It's called "Source_User_ID." If you query the list where the "Source_User_ID" is, you can get email or Name or whatever you want to have from the same item list.

Can you explain to me what are you trying to reach? I often use "Query List" when I have, for example, username "steoj" and I need to know everything about user "steoj" which is saved in the same site or anywhere on SharePoint as a list item with data - email, name, surname, phone, domain, office, town,...Then I save these pieces of data to variables and fill in to specific form.

Hope it helps a bit.

Steo

0 Kudos