Not applicable

How to convert a Nintex workflow .nwf file to a PDF format?

Jump to solution

My Client asked me to get Nintex workflow that I have created for them to a pdf format for their evaluation. How can do it?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
fhunth
Workflow Veteran

Re: How to convert a Nintex workflow .nwf file to a PDF format?

Jump to solution

Currently Nintex does not provide such feature. You can install on your pc and PDF Printer and then use the print options on the Workflow designer to print it on your PDF Printer that finally generates a .pdf file.

0 Kudos
tomcastiglia
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

This may be obvious, but you could also use a screen capture program to paste screenshots of your workflow into MS Word, and that has a Save As PDF option built in.  If your workflow diagram is large, the benefit of this approach is that you could grab sections of it in different screenshots and have more control over the layout of the document you create.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Exporting workflow in PDF format is not possible so far in Nintex Workflow Designer. Screenshots are the only way as far as I know.

I am also using screen capturing for documenting the workflow designs.

0 Kudos
gman
Process Pupil

Jump to solution

Joshy,

We do this regularly as part of our documentation process. Simply use the print function in Nintex Workflow and print to a PDF. Since we use Acrobat Pro, we then edit the PDF to add more details on the workflow and what each step is doing. This then gets stored in a library with the .NWF for reference.

Good luck,

Gerard

0 Kudos
tomcastiglia
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Gerard - that's a nice approach.  BTW - Just noticed that Nintex includes a great feature to added your own custom notes to each action which can then be displayed when your print the workflow.  Perhaps you could use this instead of editing the PDF: Re: Did you ever need to document your workflow?

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Jump to solution

The best solution is to use a PDF printer, if you have licenses - Adobe Acrobat, if not you can install Cute PDF Printer, and then select>Print>Cute PDF Writer. I struggle to my large workflows to fit. Playing with the paper size and margins will help.

CutePDF :: Product :: CutePDF Writer

0 Kudos